Chapter 11- Passionate Lovers

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

PRESS CONFERENCE.

If Jennie needed to explain the tactic she chose to prove her innocence to the whole empire, then that would be organizing a press conference. She asked her father to invite the most credible journalists in the empire.

[To be honest, the royal family kind of hates journalists because sometimes, they act like the paparazzi. So I wasn't sure if the emperor would allow them in the palace- especially in the princess's residence.]

Thankfully, Lisa managed to convince Emperor Jisoo to give them the permission.

[His Majesty wasn't just all talk when he said that he considers Lisa as his younger brother, huh?]

Anyway, right now, Jennie was having a tea on a table that she occupied by herself.

Lady Belington and the other ladies were flocked together on her right side. They were sitting on a long table but couldn't even enjoy the tea served to them.

[They're too tense.]

If the reporters weren't sitting on the long table on her left side, she would have laughed her ass off like a villainess that she used to be.

[But I have to be careful of who's in front of me.]

Princess Rosie was having tea with Emperor Jisoo in front of them. Of course, Captain Sherwood and Lahara were standing behind the royals.

"Your Majesty and Your Royal Highness," a royal standing by the garden's entrance announced. "Captain Lisa, Vice Captain Blake, and Captain Denver have arrived."

[Finally.]

Lisa, Blake, and Captain Denver greeted the emperor and the princess first.

Then, after that, Lisa turned to her. Much to her surprise, he started to walk towards her. Of course, she stood up to greet him as well.

Lisa put his hands on her waist then kissed her forehead.

[OMG!]

While she was giddy, everyone around them was obviously shocked by their public display of affection.

[Well, the noblemen in the empire are stiff. Most of them believe that showing affection to their spouses is a sign of weakness. The sexist men of the society also taught women that any amount of clinginess is a nuisance that women should be ashamed for showing affection to their husband in public. So, yeah. The couples in the empire are so stiff and boring.]

For the record, she believed that everyone should be mindful of their manners when they were out in the public. But to make two adults in a loving relationship feel ashamed for showing a bit of affection? That's b*ll**.

"How are you, Jennie?" Lisa whispered in a worried voice. "I hope you're not too affected by the rumors."

"I should be the one saying that," Jennie said with a smile. "Are you okay, Lisa?"

~Her~ captain nodded and kissed the top of her head this time. "Let's get this done and over with."

Emperor Jisoo cleared his throat to get his attention.

Jennie and Lisa automatically put a decent distance between them before facing the emperor.

"Lady Prescott, all the people you have requested have arrived," Emperor Jisoo said. "What do you plan to do now?"