𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Saiph was lost. It was a new morning at the private school, and she couldn't remember the way to her PC room. Saiph looks back down at her timetable and up to the building in front of her. She's currently at F block when she needed to be at J block. Saiph looks down at her timetable like she is waiting for a map to appear on the page.

There was no one around to ask where she needs to go and she felt too awkward to go to a classroom and ask. Saiph did have Ansel's Instagram account to message, but she can't imagine he'd reply. It is a rule to not be on your phones during school hours. They tell everyone to keep their phones in their lockers. Of course, no one follows that rule. But if a teacher were to see someone with their phone it would be immediately taken from them.

"Saiph?" She looks up and sees Ansel's friend, Francesca standing in front of her. "Are you lost?"

"Yeah. Do you think you could show me my PC room?" Saiph laughs awkwardly.

Franny smiles and loops her arm with her's. It startles Saiph a bit, this girl she barley knows, but she covers it up by leaning in more. This was something Saiph wasn't use to. She's had friends, but they felt more like acquaintances. Her only true friend is Alcor.

The gravel scratches beneath the girl's black leather shoes as they walk up the small hill. Twisting and turning at particular points that Saiph takes note of. She can't keep getting lost and being late to her classes. But today, Saiph didn't mind taking her time.

Her and Francesca begin to walk slower and slower with each step. Saiph can't hear the scratching gravel much now as the two chatter. Films, shows, seasons, friends. They talk about anything they can. Saiph's never had someone listen to her so intently like Francesca is. Her energy is pure and sweet, Saiph realises. She's never met anyone like her.

"So here is-"

"Francesca Flenderson! It's been a while," someone interrupts them.

Franny rolled her eyes as she knows the voice and turned around while bringing Saiph closer to her. A boy in the St Francis uniform sends a charming smile to his admirer. The admired clearly not satisfied with being talked to by him.

"John, I can't stay and chat. I need to get Saiph to PC," Franny says with irritation.

John ignores her. "How were your Christmas holidays?"

"Good, now I-"

"Wish I saw you during them."

Saiph immediately intervened in the conversation once she felt Francesca squeeze her tighter. "We really must be going, sorry."

Saiph tugs Franny's arm and lets her walk into the PC room together. Mr Peter sees the two girls walk in and is about to tell Francesca to leave before Saiph shakes her head and says she's upset. Please let her stay. Saiph watches her teacher tap his foot as he feels conflicted. Mr Peters then holds up a finger to tell her she can only do it this one time. Saiph smiles and mouths a thank you as the two sit down with Ansel.

"Franny? What's going on?" He asks, immediately sensing her discomfort.

"Just John being John."

Ansel's facial expression turns dark and angry. Saiph looks to Franny and can tell her head is heaving but she keeps it up and stays positive. Ignoring the obvious problem she has with this John boy.

"I'll talk to him. Seriously, Franny," Ansel offers.

Francesca shakes her head, "It's not like he's done anything. He's like every other guy, and they don't try anything. I'm used to it."

"Just because you're used to it doesn't mean you should be," Saiph adds.

Franny turns her head and takes in the words that she was told.