Chapter 1 (My parents must hate me)

Y/n's pov:

At first when my dad told me he was leaving for Australia I didn't believe him. I mean what would possess a man to move to a place full of giant spiders that sleep in your bed and snakes that slither through your roof while you're blissfully unaware. It wasn't until we arrived at the meeting with my new school, that I realised it really wasn't a joke.

"So y/n, how are you feeling about starting at a new school?" The principal asks.
"Great, can't be much worse then having Mrs Danfuy, right? Man was she a witch. I just know the teachers here are gonna be way more codified," I say sarcastically.
"Y/n. Apologize now," my mother says quickly.
"Right, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that my father and MOTHER are leaving me behind while the go on a two year trip to Australia. I'm sorry that I have to spend the next two years in this crazy school. But mostly I'm sorry that my father didn't even bother to stay long enough for this stupid meeting," I get up and leave the office.

As I walk down the hall way I can hear my mother yelling at me to turn around and come back, but I continue on my streak.

I turn the corner and see a notice board full of posters. I walk up to it and read one that has big red writing. It reads; 'TEEN HELP LINE' and has a phone number written below. I pull out my phone and google 'TEEN HELP LINE'. It's this thing where teenagers can talk anonymously to other teens about their problems. I have problems. I dial the number.

"Y/n, get back here," my mothers footsteps are fast approaching. I start to run down the hallway and out the school doors. As I run I here a voice in my ear.
"Hello it's TEEN HELP LINE, I'm here to listen, so what do you wanna talk about. Did your dad perhaps get you the wrong colour Gucci handbag or the slightly older model of iPhone," he says sarcastically.
"Aren't you supposed to help people," I say while panting for air. "You know what I don't care. Here's my life story dude. Listen up. I was born in Westport, lived here my whole life. My dads super fucking rich, but that never stopped him from being a gold medallist level ass-hole. Every holiday he ever went on with my mum I got left behind with nannies that were really only infested in the 150 bucks they earned an hour and didn't give two shits about me. I've been homeschooled my whole life and now I'm being forced to move to this stupid public high-school ful of chumps that only care about themselves, all because my dad and mum are moving to Australia without me," I finish and take a deep breath. The boy at the other end of the line is silent for a moment then he sighs and asks;
"Do you live in a mansion?"
"Yeah I guess," I reply and he sighs again. "What does that have to do with anything?"
"Nothing," he wispers.