25

PROMOTION: 25

Jeonghan sat around in his office, spinning around in his swivel chair as he stared out the glass wall that revealed the other tall buildings, emphasising the high level that his office was located at

Interrupting his main character moment, there was a knock on his door. "Come in."

"Good morning, Sir." His manager greeted, the name tag wrapped around his neck dangling as he bowed. "There is a last minute meeting occurring in several minutes. I checked your schedule and it's completely free. Your family will be there. It is held in Meeting Room 1."

"Meeting Room 1? Is it that important that my whole family has to be there too?" The Yoon furrowed his eyebrows, still sat in the chair.

"Yes, I suppose so. Would you like to go now?" His manager inquired and the other male nodded as he got out of his seat, fixing his suit quickly through the reflective window before following him out.

They passed through various corridors and departments, with many standing up just to bow at the chairman's son. A meeting held in the first room meant there were going to be many people and workers in it as it is the largest place.

The manager opened the large, dark wooden doors for him, introducing him to numerous people, including his grand father which surprised him.

He took a seat in the place where his name was labelled, beside his sister and right next to the small podium.

Observing the others surrounding the long, white, table, he noticed they were all reviewing stacks of documents and papers. It was a last minute meeting but it seemed like everyone was already prepared compared to Jeonghan who came empty handed.

Soon, Junghwa stood up from her seat, heading over near the large TV projector at the front of the extending room.

"Good morning everyone. I apologise for the lack of time required to prepare for this meeting. However, on behalf of the Carat Group, I would like to share some good news." The female Yoon began. "Firstly, founder and CEO of Carat Group, Yoon Dongmin, will be retiring from his position."

Jeonghan diverted his eyes from the table to his sister, staying calm like the rest of the people at the meeting but he was still internally shocked.

His grandfather, Yoon Dongmin, smiled at him. It was evident that he was growing older and handling numerous companies may had been a burden to him. Nonetheless, he was already extremely rich and didn't even need to work to support himself. The elder male had already spent majority of his life dedicated to the company.

"His position as the CEO of Carat Group will be inherited by his son and my father, Yoon Sangwon." Junghwa announced, causing an applause to fill the room as everyone turned their attention to her father. "Adding on, I, Yoon Junghwa will be following him to work under Carat Group as the vice president. The CEO position of the branch, Carat Estates, will be passed to my brother, Yoon Jeonghan."

Jeonghan's eyes slightly widened at the new information, surprised at the mention of his name. He was now declared as CEO of his father's company.

"My mother, Kang Bora, will maintain her position as vice president at Carat Estates. I would like to congratulate these people for their new and promoted positions." Junghwa smiled. "The retirement of Yoon Dongmin will allow future and advanced plans for the companies within Carat Group. This includes growing globally to sponsor more features and businesses."

The others listened carefully, scanning through their folders and physical documents.

"Future plans and projects will be announced soon. Continuing on, there will be a congratulatory party to publicise the change of CEO throughout Carat Group. Thank you for listening." The female Yoon concluded. "Does anyone have any questions?" No one raised their hands, meaning that everyone was dismissed.

Jeonghan stayed behind to talk with his family, along with his manager who grinned brightly at him.

"Am I still gonna be your manager? Are you gonna replace me? Do I get more pay?"

"Oh, shut up." The Yoon laughed as he walked closer to his older sister.

"Congrats, brother." She smiled, patting him on the back.

"Thanks." He went over to congratulate his father, who now holds a much more important role within their large business.

Jeonghan and his manager returned back to office and it seemed that the news spread quickly. Once he entered his assigned room, he was greeted by a female sitting on the chair opposite of his desk.

"Congratulations." Soojin widely grinned, twirling her black hair as she sat relaxed in the cushion seat.

"Thank you." The Yoon smiled at the female. "What are you doing here?"

"My father asked to help set up the congratulatory party for this Thursday which is where I heard the news from." She informed.

She then stood up, walking closer to the standing male near the door. Lifting her fingers to fix his hair, he was slightly startled by the sudden contact.

"Good luck. Don't leave me." Her lips slightly upturned, making Jeonghan smile as well.

"Don't worry. I'll never leave my best friend." He assured. He then observed as the female left through his office door.

"I'll no longer be your friend, Jeonghan, I'm going to be your wife. The wife of the CEO of Carat Estates." Soojin mumbled under her breath as she walked out, strutting pass the array of desks.

" Soojin mumbled under her breath as she walked out, strutting pass the array of desks