26

YOUNG, RICH, TALL AND HANDSOME: 26

Thursday.

Reporters, journalists and special guests filled up the function venue. The walls were decorated with indirect, golden lights and a unique shape of ceiling lamps scattered at the top. Circular tables were located specifically throughout the large hall.

In front of the wine red curtains, was a family and a beautiful female.

"Good evening, everyone." Soojin greeted, holding the microphone in her hand. She was dressed in an off-shoulder short, purple dress, her black hair curled into loose waves over her shoulders.

The audience diverted their attention to the female that glimmered from her golden, dangling earrings. Reporters began to take out their cameras while journalists pulled out their laptops and iPads.

"Welcome to the appointment of new CEO of Carat Group and Carat Estates. My name is Jang Soojin from Carat Exhibition and I will be introducing the new positions." She smiled brightly, holding direct contact with a Choi. "Following the retirement of Yoon ____, former CEO of Carat Group, we will declare his son, Yoon Sangwon as the new CEO of Carat Group."

The audience applauded as Soojin handed a bouquet of bright colored flowers and a badge, labelling his new position. A large smile was plastered on his face as he diverted his eyes to each member. He took a few pictures with his father before the Jang began speaking again.

"Yoon Sangwon's daughter, Yoon Junghwa, will now follow from Carat Estates to Carat Group as the vice president." Soojin didn't seem as happy but she kept her grin and a joyous tone. Once again, she handed her a bouquet of flowers and a badge.

Junghwa took a few pictures with her father, the cameras flashing repetitively but she remained calm.

"Continuing on, Yoon Sangwon's position will be replaced by his son, Yoon Jeonghan." Her grin grew wider as she passed over the large colorful bouquet of flowers to the taller male, their hands sliding across. She also handed him the badge, in which a bright smile was on his lips.

However, Jeonghan wasn't feeling the exact excitement that was painted onto his face. Instead, he felt like he didn't have much of a responsibility with his new position. The audience continued to clap as the reporters took more photos. 

Meanwhile, Minji stared afar from her seat, fiddling with her fingers as she watched the best friends interact. 

"Straighten your back." A malicious voice from the side ordered and the Choi complied immediately. 

The whole family, including Bora, took a few other photos and answered a few questions from the journalists. 

"Thank you all for listening. Please enjoy your dinner." Soojin dismissed, passing the microphone back to the stage staff. 

Once the Yoon family reached the end of the stage, they interacted with numerous other individuals and families, all of them congratulating them. 

"What a handsome young man you are. It's great to be young, rich, tall and handsome." Soojin's mother complimented, referring to Jeonghan who smiled in return. 

"You look like you'll fit our daughter perfectly." Her father added, a light shade of pink emerged onto the mentioned female's cheeks. 

The Jang locked her eyes back at a female who sat at a table from afar, beside Wonwoo. Sneakily, she rested her head on Jeonghan's head, hoping to enrage the other. Although Minji felt slightly jealous, she was glad to have Wonwoo by her side. 

"That's going to be you in the future." The Jeon joked. 

"You wish. I'm not even apart of the top 3 positions." She frowned, flowing her spoon within the bowl of soup.

"Don't worry. That means you have time which is an advantage." Junhui, from the other side, joined. He was then handed a glass of champagne from another male with dark brown hair. 

"Right, Hansol. What company do you or your family work for?" Minji inquired, getting to know the other. She knew Jeonghan was busy so she didn't bother approaching him. 

"My family and I work for Carat Estates but in the US. Along with Joshua's family." The Chwe informed, nodding his head habitually as he spoke. 

"I'll be at the bathroom real quick. Wait for me." The female Choi enlightened, taking her velvet, black purse as she stood up and the other three nodded before speaking again. 

She made her way to the female's bathroom, navigating where it was because this function centre was unfamiliar to her. Finally reaching the modernised lavatory, she entered a vacant stall, unaware on how every other stall was empty.

Minji headed out after a few minutes, placing her purse to the side and washing her hands. Pulling out a light pink lipstick, she slid it across her plump lips until walking over to the exit door but it wouldn't unlock. 

She twisted the nozzle multiple times but it didn't seem to budge, then, a new figure exited a stall.

"How great it is to see you here." Soojin comments, a judging smile on her lips as she walked closer to the other female. 

"What do you want." She rolled her eyes in response, clicking the cap of her lipstick closed and then stuffing it into her bag. 

"Gosh, so much attitude. Struggling to get out?" The Jang sneered, a fake pity expression spread across her face.  

"Maybe, that means you're stuck too." Minji retorted.

"Not me, I can get out whenever I want." Soojin stepped closer to the taller female, enclosing her into a corner of the lavatory. 

"Is this seriously about Jeonghan?"

"Good job. The only correct thing you ever said. Wasn't that event fun? I got to give him flowers, he held my hand, he-"

"I don't fucking care, Soojin. Just get me out and he's all yours." The Choi sighed, disgusted by how close the other's body was to hers.

" The Choi sighed, disgusted by how close the other's body was to hers