First steps

At the sound of my alarm clock I rose from my sleep and started getting ready for my interview.

8:30 Am and I was fully dressed

"Claire, are you ready?" Dad could be heard from the other side of my room door.

I grabbed my phone and handbag before opening the door

"How do I look?"

I asked giving him a little twirl.

"you look great sweetie pie,"

He sniffs

"Daddy, what's wrong?"

"Oh, n nothing" he wipes his eyes

"I'm just so proud of you for taking the first step in moving on,"

This made me shed a few tears of my own, life must have been hard for my parents, seeing their daughter consumed in pain, not knowing how to help.

I hug him

"Thanks for telling me what I needed to hear,"

What's done is done, no one can bring her back.

"Can I join?"

Mom asked to join, and we extended our arms so she could.

We hugged for a minute after which dad I left.

***

It was still early when we arrived at the pack, I breathed in the fresh air, while dad left to tend to his Beta duties

With an hour and maybe an half left before the interview would start, I figured I'd stroll around the pack centre and see what has changed.

The environment seemed lovely, it was peaceful and clean, there were more pack houses now and a massive training arena where the pack school's playing field used to be.

Around the corner from it was the pack school, it's just as I remembered, a part of me wanted to enter, but I feared the memories it would provoke.

"Claire, is that you?"

A familiar voice asked as I turned to leave, stopping me dead in my tracks.

It was one of the teachers, I turned around to talk to him, but my voice got stuck in my throat.

This has gotta be a side effect of me staying away from the outside world for so long.

I was never the type to shy away or catch stage right, in fact, I was very sociable

"Yes" I manage to say, my voice returning and my heart beat selling down

"Well, it's good to see you"

Mr crack awkwardly walks away and I sign doing the same.

***

"Clarissa Woods," Alpha calls.

And I enter his office, he's sitting around his desk with that familiar smile on his face.

So warm and welcoming

"Claire, it's been so long!"

He exclaims,

"Alpha, it's been two weeks since you last saw me,"

I giggled. A week ago, He his family, had dinner at our home.

"Oh, right I forgot, have a seat Claire,"

My eyes scanned the room as I did do, so much has changed, I remembered coming here every evening after school, Skipping excitedly my feet tudding along the wooden door.