Flashback

Flashback ***

6 years ago

"Ella, stop!"

I yell at my best friend, who keeps taunting me. We were outside in the woods having a camp out.

"Oh, come on, we used to play chase all the time"

"Yes, but not right now. Let's, go roast some marshmallows or go inside the tent"

She brushes me off and runs.

"Catch me if you can"

I could feel my wolf coming forward as she taunted me. My 16th birthday was the month prior , I shifted for the first time and ever since, I haven't been able to control my wolf.

Catch me"

She called out, not aware of the inner struggle I was facing.

Eventually, I lost the battle with my wolf and I charged after her, shifting into my wolf in mid air.

The sound of a scared heartbeat, the quick breathing of the victim as it's being chased, the sound of the feet as it thuds the ground in hurried movements felt heavenly to my wolf.

"Claire!!"

Ella screams my name, as she looks behind her, my Wolf closing in on her.

"Help!, somebody help me, please, Claire "

Clueless Girl, this made her more excited, I was no longer in control. This wasn't me, this was my wolf, and she was blood hungry.

Ella tripped on a rock and fell. My wolf wasted no time to pounce on her.

'"Hi"

She whispers, but this makes my Wolf angry, and she growls at her. She was not supposed to talk back. The animals she had killed didn't make a sound.

Doggie calm down. I'm not bad, do you want meat? Clarie and I have some not too far fro

Before she could finish, my Wolf was ripping through her, only stopping when her heartbeat became faint.

"Omg Ella"

I cried when I shifted and realised what my Wolf had done.

"Claire"

Ella looked up at me in shock before she choked on her own blood and died.

"no, no"

I held her close to me. What have I done?

"Clarissa I hate you "

Attempting to bring her back, I shouted at my wolf.

I hugged her close to my body as the rain poured down on us

From that moment, I vowed never to use my wolf again, never to accept her as part of me,I rejected her.

"You are no longer a part of me. I don't want you. Look what you made me do. You made me kill my best friend, you're a cold blooded killer Clarissa. "

***

Present Day

" Wakie, Waike "

My mom shouted and I slowly opened my eyelids.

" Hurry, and get ready for work, dad's waiting for you downstairs "

She then left and I climbed out of bed.

While taking a shower I tried to shake off the horrible feeling of the dream I had earlier.

It wasn't dreaming honestly, more like a flashback and I hate that I'll have to start my day off with this awful memory.