Part 15

The sunlight streamed through the curtains as I opened my eyes to the persistent knocking on my hotel room door. Still in my pajamas, I stumbled toward the door, only to be greeted by an unexpected flood of Broncos players.

With a mix of confusion and sleepiness, I asked, "What is happening right now?"

Patty, ever the joker, quipped, "Well, technically, it is my hotel room." I rolled my eyes and settled back onto my bed, where Herbie, Reece, Adam, Jordan, Ezra, Payne, and, of course, Patty were already making themselves comfortable.

As Herbie casually lay down next to me, putting his arm around me, I couldn't help but notice Jordan's gaze from where he stood by the door. His subtle yet intense stare hinted at something unsaid.

The morning took an unexpected turn when Reece, in search of the bathroom, stumbled upon a scene that left him horrified. "Karman! What is this?" he exclaimed, drawing everyone's attention. "You've not even been here for a day, mate!"

I chuckled, "Sorry, I wasn't expecting guests." Reece rolled his eyes and closed the door, leaving us in a momentary awkward silence.

Payne lightened the mood, commenting on the "nice hotel room" with a hint of sympathy. Laughter erupted when Reece, for some reason, reappeared with tampons in his nose. Amidst the laughs and banter, the topic shifted to the football game from the previous night.

As the conversation settled, I pondered the day ahead. "Guys, what are we doing today?" I asked, receiving a unanimous response of "Nothing."

Adam, with his typical nonchalant demeanor, added, "Is there something you want to do?" Seizing the opportunity, I suggested, "We could go get ice cream?" A smile lit up my face.

The proposal was met with enthusiasm, except for Jordan, who seemed a bit distant. When I asked if he was coming, he hesitated with a "Maybe." A bit of coaxing from Reece finally got him on board with a reluctant "Fine."

Before our ice cream adventure, I shooed the boys out to get changed. Down in the lobby, I teased Patty about footing the bill. The banter continued as we made our way to the ice cream place, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss with Jordan.

I pulled Jordan aside outside of the ice cream shop while everyone else was inside. As we stood outside the ice cream shop, Jordan's demeanor still hinted at a layer of unease. Sensing the need for a more genuine conversation, I gently probed, "Jordan, really, what's going on? You've been quiet."

He sighed, glancing away for a moment before meeting my gaze. "It's just... I don't know. I thought maybe there was something between you and Herbie," he admitted, a genuine concern in his eyes.

I softened my expression, realizing the weight of his thoughts. "Jordan, Herbie's just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. Is that what's been bothering you?" I asked, offering a supportive smile.

He hesitated, then replied, "No, it's not... I mean, maybe." The uncertainty in his voice was palpable.

I gently nudged him with my elbow, attempting to lighten the mood. "Come on, Jordan. We're here for ice cream and good times. If there's something on your mind, let's talk about it."

After a brief pause, he finally admitted, "Okay, maybe I overthought things. Sorry."

"No need to apologize. Friends talk about these things," I reassured him, sensing a subtle shift in his demeanor. "Now, are you coming in for ice cream or not?"

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he playfully rolled his eyes. "Fine, let's get some ice cream."