Chapter 4 - Nearly an argument

Nauvillette's POV

 "Why, hello."

 "Where is my mate?!"

 Not only did I get pulled in here without as much as a warning, but even Wrio has disappeared!

 "Where is he?!"

 No matter how much she wants me here, it does not warrant kidnapping Wriothesley!

 She should know better than to kidnap another dragon's mate!

 "Calm down kid. He's fine. Your mate is with little Buer." She smiled.

 Tsk!

 At least she had enough decency to take a human form.

 "You should be able to feel that he's safe so stop being so grumpy and sit down." 

 She pointed invitingly at the chair across from her.

 As I sat down with hesitation, she poured me a cup of something I couldn't quite identify.

 "It's fruit juice."

 "I prefer water."

 "And I would have preferred for this desert not to become a desert, but here we are."

 "Tsk!"

 "Tsk, indeed."

 I want Wrio back, but rampaging around in Apep's domain wouldn't solve the problem.

 "What do you want?"

 "Sigh... Young ones... Always so impatient."

 "I am not-"

 "For a dragon, you are nothing but a child."

 Damn old vine!

 "But eventually I will have to tell you why I wished to speak with you so I might as well tell you directly. I want you to raise a child."

 "What?"

 She wants me to do what?

 That was just about the last thing I would have expected to hear.

 "It is a young dragon, barely a few months old. Since you are at the moment one of the strongest of the Sovereigns and have a mate, I-"

 "No."

 I didn't need to listen to this any longer.

 "No, I won't. That's final."

 The melusines are one thing, but a dragon-

 "Why-"

 "You know damn well why! Otherwise, why don't you raise him yourself?!"

 "It's her. And I-"

 "I don't care. I'm leaving. We are leaving."

 "Your mate seems to have a different opinion."

 "What?"

 What did she do?

 "What did you do?!"

 "Hmm? I've done nothing special. I merely ever so conveniently dropped your mate off next to the- Hey!"

 Rude or not, I allowed my elemental energy to spread freely within her domain till I found what I was looking for.

 I teleported over to Wrio, taking the little thing out of his hands, or more specifically, off of his arm.

 I couldn't help but snarl at her as I held her by the neck.

 She bit Wrio!

 From what I can see, at least twice!