Chapter 30 - Just Neuvillette being an idiot again

Furina's POV

 Today started out nice.

 I woke up, had breakfast, wormed my way into Neuvillette's office to play with Sania...

 Certainly wasn't expecting a little dragon instead of a baby but it wasn't all too shocking.

 She's cute either way.

 Wriothesley was right. She really is a mini version of Neuvillette in this form.

 Adorable and less easy to piss off.

 But of course, the day couldn't go by peacefully.

 Neuvillette just had to go and ruin it by spouting complete and utter nonsense so early in the morning.

 "I feel like we are neglecting the rest of the children." He said suddenly.

 "Excuse me?"

 "We've been spending so much time with Sania while-"

 "Neuvillette, stop right there." I cut in.

 I wanted to shout but I held myself back since there was a baby dragon in my arms.

 "What kind of nonsense are you spouting?"

 Neglecting the melusines?

 Even if the sky were to suddenly collapse I reckon that's the last thing you'd do.

 "But Furina-"

 "Enough." I cut him off again.

 This idiotic lizard doesn't ever learn, does he?

 "Have you talked about this with Wriothesley?"

 He stayed silent, averting my gaze.

 Of course he had not.

 I reckon Wriothesley would have beaten some sense into him by now if he had.

 Tsk!

 500 years of dragon-sitting and even after retiring I can't catch a break.

 "Neuvillette, on average, how old are the melusines?" I asked.

 He fell deep in thought and I had an inkling feeling that this idiot was busy adding up all their ages in his head.

 Stupid, no common sense lizard.

 "About 200 or so, no?" I interrupted his thoughts.

 "Should be about right..."

 "Then do you think that at this age, they still require constant care and attention? Do you think them incapable of taking care of themselves?"

 "Of course not. The girls are more than capable of caring for themselves." Neuvillette frowned, looking insulted by the fact that I had even asked that question.

 "So, how old is Sania?"

 "About two months old."

 "Now, Neuvillette. Does this newborn dragon, a two-month-old infant, require round-the-clock care and attention?" I asked pointedly.

 "...Yes."

 "Do you see where I'm going with this?"

 Surely he does. It is not that difficult to understand-

 "But still, I-"

 "Oh for Teyvat's sake! Here, take care of your kid."

 I handed Sania back to him and stormed out the door, slamming it shut.