two

Arabella

It's been a week since me and Nat have arrived in London. We are staying in a small town called Cheshire, which is very quiet and gloomy. We were lucky to find a small house that a lady is renting to us for the month. When we got here, I wasn't expecting it to be so...dark. It's usually raining here and it's very cold, which I expected. But there is nobody on the streets and all the shops are usually not open.

Me and Nat have really only been to the grocery store, which consisted of a small, almost gas station-like, building.I hope that the longer we stay, the more people start to come out.

"Nat, I think I'm going to run out and take a walk." I smiled to my best friend who was sitting on the couch with noodles in her hand.

"Have fun," She chuckled, stuffing her face.

I grabbed my phone, stuffing it in my back pocket of the jeans I was wearing. I grabbed a light jacket to cover the long sleeve t-shirt I was sporting. My feet carried me out the door of our small house and down the pavement to the side walk. The grass was green, flowers decorating the side of the house next to the porch. It was a really nice place and made us feel like home.

I had absolutely no idea where I was going, so I just followed the side walk and hoped for the best. Light poles lit the way for me, seeing as it's 8pm and dark outside. The shops were all close, like usual, so I window shopped instead. Most buildings were made with dark brick, giving it that old, stoney look.

I stumbled upon a gas station with bring, LED lights inside. I decided on walking in and getting a water, but that changed when I heard something, or someone, behind me. As I went to pull the handle, the footsteps got louder and my breath hitched. What the fuck?

When I turned around, nobody, and I mean nobody, was there. Maybe it was an animal. After that whole scare, I decided not to purchase a water and just head straight back to the house, where I know I'm safe.

I turned on my heel and took off in the direction that I came from, hoping to get there as quick as possible. Who was behind me? It was footsteps, heavy footsteps, and that frightened me. What if they were following me?

I got brave, real fucking brave.

I stopped in my trails of running, turned around, and walked back towards the gas station where the footsteps were heard. I was going to find out who was following me.

I turned sharp towards the alley way behind the closed shops, passing dumpsters and stopping under street lights to check my back, nothing.

Was I seeing things? Nobody, absolutely nobody, was following me. I looked forward, pushing off my toes to start running when I ran into something hard. Someone hard.

"You should really watch where your going. And, what is a pretty girl like you doing out on the streets this late at night?" The raspy voice asked.

"That's none of your business, who are you?" I snapped, picking myself up off the ground I was pushed on.

"Ah, American girl. That explains it." The man spoke.

His hair was dark brown curls matching his tan-ish skin. His eyes were pure black, no color, just black. He looked like the devil himself, who was this man. The streetlights lit up his face, giving me a chance to see the dark green, forrest-like eyes he had. So they weren't black, just pure emerald.

"Explains what?" I asked, confused.

"How long have you been in Cheshire?" He asked.

"That is none of your concern, I'm going to go now." I said, pushing past him.

"Your choice sweetheart, just make sure to watch your back, you outta be a brave girl to be walking the streets of Cheshire all alone." He deviously smirked.

"What?" Brave girl? There was nothing dangerous, was there?

"Just watch out, Arabella." He spoke, his raspy rough voice saying my name.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, shocked, but mostly scared.

"That's for me to know and you to wonder." He smirked, tucking his hands in his leather jacket and stalking off.

I watched as his back faced me and he continued into the dark alley way. The back of his leather jacket had the words "Disciples" on the back in red font.

Disciples? What does that mean? What the hell is wrong with that man and how did he know my name?

-

Author's Note: Here is chapter two! enjoy and please leave feedback. I appreciate constructive criticism. Thank you so much for reading.

xoxo Kate