Chapter 24

"Mason!" Tada shouted, his voice weak and raspy.

"Dad!" Luna cried out in agony, as she saw her father lying on the floor, bleeding from a deep wound in his chest.

"Mason, please come closer," Tada said calmly, trying to hide his pain.

"How touching. A father's last words to his children," the king sneered, standing over them with an axe in his hand.

"Take good care of my daughter and forgive me, Son... Luna, I love you," Tada said, looking at them with love and regret.

He closed his eyes and breathed his last.

"Dad!" Luna sobbed, clutching his hand.

"He's gone. And now, I'll kill you two, and then the rest of the rebels," the king said, raising his axe.

"No!" Mason said, springing to his feet.

He punched the king in the jaw, sending him to the ground.

"I won't let you," Mason declared, his eyes burning with anger.

The king looked up at Mason, and Mason's appearance had changed. His hair turned yellow, his eyes were blue, and his birthmark and aura glowed yellow.

"Who... Who are you?" the king asked fearfully, recognizing the signs of a legendary power.

"I am Dipper Pines... the one who's going to end you," Mason said coolly, using his nickname.

"Dipper..." Luna whispered, shocked by his transformation.

"Nice try, kid. But you're no match for me," the king said, getting up.

"Shut up and fight," Mason said, ready to avenge Tada.

They exchanged blows, but Mason dodged all of them. He was faster and stronger than the king.

"You are a... demon," the king realized, feeling a cold dread in his heart.

Mason didn't reply. He  unsheathed his hidden blades and stabbed the king in the chest repeatedly.

"Do you think that will kill me?" the king said, laughing maniacally.

He swung his leg at Mason, who avoided the blow and made him back away.

"You're strong, but not smart, kid," the king said, making a sudden move.

He ran up to Luna and pulled her by the hair.

"I'll kill her," the king threatened, holding his axe to her neck.

"Mason!" Luna screamed, terrified.

Mason started to get desperate and called Ikaros, to distract the king. Ikaros flew in from a window and pecked out the king's eye.

"Argh!" The king howled in pain and let go of Luna.

"Luna, get out of here," Mason ordered, worried for her safety.

"Ikaros, you need to leave too," Mason said, grateful for his help.

Ikaros followed Luna, who ran downstairs.

"Damn you!" the king cursed, furious and blind in one eye.

He threw the axe at Luna, but Mason caught it.

"This is between you and me," Mason said, throwing the axe away.

The king grunted, feeling his rage boil over.

Luna and Ikaros made it downstairs, where the other rebels were waiting for them. They told them what happened and urged them to escape.

Meanwhile, the king and Mason continued their fight. He couldn't keep up with Mason anymore and decided it was time to end the battle.

"I'll kill you," the king said, charging up a ball of energy in his hand.

Mason was stunned by what he saw. He never imagined the king could control his energy too.

"I can't die yet," Mason whispered to himself, thinking of his friends and family.

Mason charged up a ball of energy in his hand. He fired a massive beam of energy at the king.

"What?" the king yelled, surprised by Mason's counterattack. He fired his beam of energy at Mason.

The two beams collided, creating a huge explosion that shook the castle.

"Do you think you can kill me?" the king shouted, trying to overpower Mason.

The rest of the rebels watched the battle from outside the castle. They could see the bright flashes and hear the loud noises.

"Mason, you can do it," Ava whispered from her bed. She could sense what was happening.

Mason was losing hope, but then he remembered all the adventures he had with Luna, Tada, and his friends. He remembered how they had fought against the king's tyranny and oppression. He remembered how they had found each other in this strange dimension and became a family.

"I'll kill you!" Mason yelled, putting all his strength and will into his beam.

His beam of energy grew larger and brighter.

"This can't be happening," the king said, feeling his beam of energy weaken.

Mason's beam overpowered the king's and hit him with full force.

"Ah!" the king screamed as he disintegrated into dust.

Mason stopped and knelt on his knees, exhausted and relieved.

"He... He's gone," Mason said, letting out a sigh.

The room was filled with dust. Mason looked at Tada's body and saw it fade away, becoming one with the light.

"Rest in peace in the afterlife," Mason said, honoring Tada.

As his hair and eyes returned to their normal brown color, Mason felt his aura fade away. He walked over to the throne, curious about something that caught his eye. A small chest lay beside it, barely intact. Mason smashed it open and found an advanced watch inside.

"What is this?" he wondered aloud, examining the device.

He pressed a button, and a hologram appeared.

"Hello. I made this watch for a select few. It can take you to other dimensions... But there's a catch. You can't pick which one you go to. Still, it's better than nothing, right? Think of all the new worlds you can explore," the hologram said, then vanished.

"Maybe this is my chance to get back to my dimension," Mason thought hopefully, feeling a spark of hope in his heart.