🌸Setsubun🎐

The air was tinged with excitement and anticipation as Todoroki and Deku prepared for Setsubun, a traditional Japanese festival marking the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Dressed in vibrant kimono, they adorned their home with auspicious decorations, eager to partake in the festivities.

Todoroki, holding a wooden box of roasted soybeans, smiled at Deku. "Setsubun is a time of change and renewal. It's about driving away evil spirits and inviting good fortune. I thought it would be a wonderful tradition to celebrate together."

Deku, holding a colorful mask, nodded in agreement. "I love the symbolism behind it. Plus, who doesn't love an excuse to throw beans around the house?"

They gathered in the living room, where a makeshift "oni" (demon) mask hung, ready to be used for the age-old custom of Mamemaki—throwing beans to ward off evil spirits. Todoroki handed a small pouch of beans to Deku. "You'll be the oni, Izuku. Ready?"

Deku grinned, adjusting the mask. "Ready as I'll ever be. Let the bean-throwing commence!"

As the beans flew through the air, laughter echoed in the room. Todoroki, tossing beans with precision, said, "May all the bad luck be cast away, leaving only room for good fortune and happiness."

Deku, dodging beans playfully, replied, "I'm all for that. And it's more fun when it's with you."

After the lively bean-throwing session, they gathered to enjoy a special meal, including a custom of eating Eho-maki—a special sushi roll eaten in silence while facing a specific direction considered auspicious for the year.

Todoroki, savoring a piece of Eho-maki, asked, "What direction are you facing, Izuku? It's supposed to bring good luck depending on where you eat it."

Deku, thinking for a moment, pointed toward the east. "I'm facing east, the direction of the sunrise. It symbolizes new beginnings and positivity. How about you?"

Todoroki, his gaze soft, replied, "I'm facing the west, the direction of the sunset. It's a reminder of the day's end and the promise of a peaceful night. A balance of beginnings and endings."

Their conversation shifted to reflections on the past year and aspirations for the year to come. Todoroki, looking at Deku, said, "This past year has been filled with so many wonderful moments. I'm grateful for all of them, especially the ones we've shared."

Deku smiled, intertwining his fingers with Todoroki's. "Me too, Shoto. And I'm excited for the new year, for more adventures and joy together."

As Setsubun drew to a close, they sat by the window, watching the moonlight bathe the world in a soft glow. Todoroki, his arm around Deku, said, "Setsubun reminds us of the cycles of life, of change and continuity. Just like our journey together."

Deku nodded, resting his head on Todoroki's shoulder. "It's a beautiful tradition, and I'm glad we get to celebrate it as a family. Here's to many more Setsubun festivals together."

As they embraced the warmth of the festival and each other, the echoes of laughter and the promise of a new season lingered in the air—a testament to the enduring spirit of love and togetherness that Setsubun celebrated and that Todoroki and Deku cherished in their hearts.