Chapter 7

Dennis's POV

After Jay spent hours embarrassing me in front of Parker, he finally left with the two of them promising to play online later. Shortly after he left, Parker said that Ethan was coming over.

I want time with our Mate. Jasper whines.

I know, buddy. Me too. I sigh in response. Meeting and talking with Jay and Ethan is important, but I really just want to ravish my Mate with love. I sit down on the couch, right as the doorbell rings.

"I've got it, Den. You stay there." Parker calls on his way to the door. "E! So glad you could make it, bro!" He hugs Ethan closely. I try my best to keep Jasper under control.

We don't need to be jealous. Ethan is a good friend. Plus he has his own Mates. I remind him.

Still... He's got his hand on ours. Jasper snarls.

Ethan backs away with his hands up. Parker looks confused until he looks at me.

"Den. Ethan is just a friend." He coos, coming to sit on my lap.

I take him in my arms and bury my face in his neck. "I know. Jasper was quite upset though. I tried telling him that Ethan has his hands full with two. But he was still upset that his hands were on you." I whisper in his neck, taking in his scent.

"They are a handful indeed." Ethan chuckles, sitting in the chair next to the couch to give us space. "So, what's up? Park said you wanted to chat?"

I breathe in the scent of my Mate deeply before raising my head to address Ethan. "Yes, I did. I want to thank you for looking after him while I wasn't around. I know there were times that he needed protection, and since I hadn't found him yet, I truly appreciate you being there for him." I smile at Ethan, doing my best to show my gratitude for him keeping my Mate safe.

"Oh." Ethan's face shows surprise. "No thanks necessary, Future Beta." He bows his head in respect. "It was my pleasure. After I moved in with Parker, he became a close friend and confidant. We're basically like brothers now." He grins. "Speaking of which, I know you know Shay. So, if you dare to hurt even a hair on Parker's head, I will tell him to end you."

"Ethan!" Parker whips around to glare at his friend.

"Parker." Ethan grins darkly at him. "If he's half the Mate he should be, he'll acknowledge this threat as what it is. Motivation to keep you happy and healthy and look after your every need." Ethan shifts his eyes to mine. "I'm serious Dennis. I've known Parker for years. If you hurt him..."

"Understood, Ethan. I have seen Shay fight, so yes, I acknowledge your threat for what it is." I look up at Parker. "I swear, that to the best of my abilities, I will keep you happy, healthy, and look after your every need."

Parker's face is flushed slightly, but he grins and leans down to kiss me softly. Since Ethan is right there, I can't just devour him as I want to.

"Good." Ethan grins at the two of us. "Also, I have a question for you, Future Beta."

"Go ahead, Ethan." I look at him, expecting some ridiculous question.

"So, the wolves that broke into Taylor's apartment. They ended up being from the Northern Mountain Pack. Have you been down to talk to them?" He asks calmly.

"Not personally, no. Why do you ask?" I ask him, raising a brow.

"They were friends of mine from my old pack. Steven and Thomas." He looks at Parker.

Parker's face pales. "No way. Seventy-five and Ninety?!"

My face contorts in confusion, and Ethan notices.