[M] 14 - Catastrophe

*This chapter contains gore and violence so please do not continue if you hate it. Past time in italic, present time in normal font*

***

"Why are we going at this hour?"

Giselle folded her arms, frowning in the backseat of her car as the driver pulled away from her mansion.

The man offered her no answer, prompting her to swivel her gaze to the maid beside her. "The summer camp doesn't start until tomorrow. Can you please tell me why we are going now, at midnight, instead of tomorrow morning?"

The woman in uniform cleared her throat awkwardly, and passed her a little smile. "Mrs. Yu said there will be no driver available to send you tomorrow—"

"Lies." Giselle cut, staring ahead with furrowed eyebrows. "She just doesn't want me to see Jimin-unnie, does she? That will explain why I suddenly had so many courses today after school and only came back home late when it was time to sleep."

She turned to face the maid again, irritation visible on her usually kind eyes. "And now you are whisking me away before morning so I won't be able to send her back to hospital. Why can't I see her? She's only home for a day! I miss her!"

The maid smiled guiltily and reached over to pat her head. "It's probably for the best, Miss. Mrs. Yu said Miss Jimin hasn't been on her right min-"

"Unnie won't do anything to harm me." Giselle interjected her firmly, feeling her heart swell with a sense of protection as she recalled the last moments she spent with Jimin before the older girl got sent away two months ago.

Her unnie had come far from despising her to taking care of her, even bringing her lunch at school and defending her from the big, scary creep on the bus.

She would be damned if she believed that Jimin would hurt her.

She trusted her unnie, even though she was buried behind scary mask and strange behavior before she was sent off. Jimin was still the same girl who only needed a little help from people around her to get her through the hard time.

Giselle had given her once to the adults in hope that they would be able to help her, but seeing as how all they did was shutting her off in a faraway asylum, she decided that she wouldn't trust them again.

She would do things in her own way now.

"We will see you again at the end of the summer camp." The maid announced briefly, leaning over to fix her collar. "Make sure to tell your teachers if you need anything so they will give us a call—"

"Pull over." Giselle interrupted her quickly, earning herself a confused look.

"I need to pee." She added again, keeping her voice as neutral as possible as an idea occured to her.

"Why? Can't I pee? Do you happen to bring me diapers too? Everyone seems to think of me as a big baby eventhough I'm twelve years old."

The subtle sarcasm hit where she wanted, and the maid smiled uncomfortably before ordering the driver to pull over. The car rolled to a rest-stop.

Giselle hopped down from the black sedan and put on her best, unhappy face. "Are you going to walk me there and pull my pants off for me too?"

The middle-aged woman shook her head accordingly and decided to avoid irking her further. "We will be waiting for you here."

"Thanks." Giselle turned. A small, victorious smile crept on her lips as she padded away.

If her mother really didn't want her to meet Jimin-unnie ever again, she had no choice but to do this.