1) My Life is Over

Maybe watching Phineas and Ferb will make me feel better... Nah, it'll only rub what I could've done with Jackson and Flynn in my face.

This summer is seriously making me question Flynn and I's friendship, was he always only hanging out with me because Jackson was there?

That would make sense, I mean, we did "become friends" in Kindergarten because we were both friends of Jackson's.

Now that he's gone, off on the road trip of a lifetime with his parents, I'll really get a good look at Flynn.

What's he like when Jack isn't around? Is he still the same quiet but funny guy he usually is? Will he still be nice to me?

Argh, why am I asking myself these things?

Of course, he's still my friend. It's not like Jackson was the glue that held us all together and now that he's gone Flynn and I will become ex-best friends and then Jackson and I will fall out too... How can I scare myself so much?

MY. LIFE. IS. OVER.

Done for, finished, terminated, a mere thing of the past.

What if we all never hang out again?!

Why, it was just yesterday when, on the first day of summer vacation, I did absolutely nothing.

It was a Friday night, multiple parties were happening, including one that Flynn was hosting, yet I stayed home and watched Cupcake Wars on Netflix.

Why didn't I go to Flynn's party? Well, it's obvious why. Without Jackson, we have almost nothing in common.

He's got cooler friends than me. I'd be standing in the corner and the highlight of my night would've been saying hello to him.

There was no way I was going to avoid Flynn and do that again.

It was only the first day out of 104 but if I didn't try to make the most out of my summer with my friends, I know I'll regret it the minute I set foot in Mr. Mingler's Calculus class.

Ugh, all of the teens a grade above me said that he gives homework over holidays, doesn't allow you to go to the bathroom during his class, and that he never lets his students ask questions during class.

Since not many kids at my school ever get to take calculus, he's the only teacher of the category. It's a guarantee that I'll get him for math.

Yup, I'm dead.

Enough! I need to stop thinking about school!!! It's summer! I have nothing but a blank slate for two and a half months to fill with adventures of my choosing! Well, Flynn and I's choosing.

Except for tomorrow. Tomorrow is when I will go to the skating rink. That's going to be the first outing with Flynn, WITHOUT Jackson.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[Above or to the side, depending on your device, is a wonderful cover made for me by the Wattpad user shadednights ] This is just a little mini chapter for you guys but I promise the next one will be longer! [Vote if you know you love summer!]