Chapter 1-New Beginning

Mia opens her shop. The overwhelming smell of Clorox wipes meets her. As she walks into the small space, soon to be her floral shop, she trips over a stray cord and falls onto the wood floor with a thud. Why couldn't the previous owner put things away? She wondered. She got up and imagined a place with luscious trees and bushes, with flowers blooming in every corner. This will be my life's restart. She sighed.

Let's see what the upstairs looks like, she thought, hoping for the best. She ascended the stairs and walked through the space. Everything was perfectly in condition and clean. She plopped down onto her bed. Finally, my life's reset. Everything had been so chaotic after her ex, so she was glad to get away from him and the rest of her problems.

~time skip a month~

"Thank you! Have a great night!" Mia called after the customer left. Her business has thrived in the last month. So much so that she is able to hire a few employees! First, there's Georgia, her financial and transportation manager, and her best friend. Next, she hired Matilda; a supervisor for the shifts Mia couldn't cover. Then she hired three high school students, Daisy, Snapdragon (everyone called them Snap), and Clover.

They all worked in the evenings and weekends, and they couldn't be more different. Daisy is a bubbly and fun sophomore, with long blonde hair and bright brown eyes. Snap is a tall, moody junior with chopped brown hair and deep green eyes, and Clover is also a junior with fluffy black hair and brown/black eyes. They were all different, and not just physically. Either way, they were all diligent and kind workers.

She turned the sign to "closed," and turned off the lights in the front. Tonight was a Friday, and Clover was the only one working. "Clover?" She called. "Here!" He said from the staff room. He had his backpack on and looked like he was ready to leave. "Let me get our pay stuff checked in, then we can leave." Mia said. Clover sighed. Mia wrote down the hours her and Clover worked that day and turned off all the lights. "Okay, you can go now." She said, Clover waved bye to Mia and left with his boyfriend in his car.

Mia sighed and walked upstairs. I love my business, and how it's thriving, but I feel like I need something more in life, she thought. But what? I have good friends, I have my dream job, I'm relatively financially stable, what more is there?

Suddenly, she had an idea. A lover? She thought. She is distraught by this, because her ex, Felix, caused her heartbreak and trauma she didn't think she would get over in a long while. He abused her, and she was scared that it could happen again, and she felt she couldn't trust anyone romantically. I'll just sleep on it, she thought tiredly.

🌸🌱hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I know it's slow, but true love happens with patience, ok? xoxo kim🌸🌱