Chapter 2-Handsome New Guy

~the next morning~

Mia woke up at her alarm, groaning. "I just want to sleep more," she said, reaching to turn it off. Suddenly, her phone rang. "Hello?" She said, "Hey, Mia! It's Georgia. I wanted to tell you that your business is REALLY booming. Being the only flower shop in the city of love, I'm not surprised. I think we should hire a couple more employees!" Mia thought for a minute, comprehending what Georgia said. "Sure, yeah, make a flyer or something. I gotta get up." She replied. "Okay cool! See you soon!" And with that, Georgia hung up.

She got out of bed and put on her new gingham dress with ribbon straps that showed just enough of her cleavage that she was not uncomfortable. She pulled up her tights and put on her heeled boots, then she ate breakfast, cleaned up, and headed downstairs to open the shop.

She waltzed over to the door, unlocked it, and turned the sign to "open!" Snap arrived and started watering the flowers. "Good morning, Snap. Lovely Saturday, isn't it?" Mia asked. Snap smiled. "It's wonderful, Mia." They calmly replied.

Then, the bell from the door rang and an extremely handsome and rather tall man entered. "Is this Mohala?" he asked with a perfect Hawaiian accent. Mia gazed at him in utter shock. No one had ever come into her shop and pronounced the original Hawaiian name! Most people just called it Blossom, the translated English name. "Yeah," Snap replied for her. "I'm Snap, and that's the owner, Mia." They explained. "Oh! Hello." He turned to her and gave her a sweet dimpled smile.

Mia practically melted at the sight of the beautiful human being, she felt her heart skip a beat as she tried to compose herself. But the words didn't seem to come out. "H-hi," she stuttered. "Do you...need help?" He smiled. "That would be amazing. I'm Gabriel by the way." She blushed. What a sexy name. Mia thought. "Right. What were you looking for?" She asked politely.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well um that's the thing...I don't know." He laughed and she couldn't hold back a chuckle. "Okay, well, what's the occasion?"

"My mom just got engaged, and I want to give her some celebratory flowers. But I don't know what colours are good for that kind of thing." He explained. Mia thought for a moment. "Well, pinks, whites, and gold-y yellows are always a good option." She replied knowingly. "Here, I'll show you our stock." As she showed Gabriel the flowers, she couldn't shake the feeling that his eyes were always on her, even when he was just following her.

When Mia was showing him a wonderful bouquet of pink roses, she watched his eyes dip down to her lips more than once. To get herself to focus, she tried to take in what he was wearing. Unfortunately, that didn't help either. His compression shirt outlined his defined muscles perfectly, and with his bomber jacket and ripped jeans, it made it such a casual but sexy look that she was immensely turned on by.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder and she nearly jumped out of her skin. "Hey," Gabriel asked. "You okay? You looked like you were gonna pass out for a moment there." He said, worried. Mia's face went red. "T-thank you. I'm fine though!" She said, trying to hide the lust in her voice. But Gabriel's hand didn't leave her shoulder. She looked at it, confused. "O-oh I'm so sorry I shouldn't have touched you! Oh god, I must look like such a creep." He hid his face in his hands. Mia couldn't help but laugh. "Pffffft! Don't worry, you're good." She said lightheartedly. She winked at him (as a joke of course) but she didn't miss the way he blushed furiously right after...

🌸🌱hey guys, this chapter was fun to write. I wanted them to get a little flirty, but it not be awkward bcus they just met. It's lowkey really hard to go slow when you've planned the whole plot! I'll try to post regularly, but I'm super busy with work and school, so don't get your hopes up. xoxo Kim🌸🌱