𝟏𝟐

"A few tears, one is going

"A few tears, one is going."

"A deal?" Lyney questioned, taking a few steps from the odd woman, "Hm, yes, it's just a small exchange!" Aurélie smiled, "I would only want a little bit of your time," she stated, taking a few steps closer to the magician, "time is– very precious," the magician said, sweat dripping from his forehead, "Ms Aurélie, may I ask what you are doing?" another voice spoke from behind the suspicious woman, "Mademoiselle Genevive!" Aurélie shouted in joy, "I was just speaking to this fine gentleman!" the woman exclaimed, moving away from both of them, "Look at the time! I must be going!" she said before finally running away, "Lyney are you alright?" Genevive questioned, "Yes, I am alright!" Lyney said, taking out a small handkerchief to wipe away the sweat, "Please, do be careful when that girl comes to meet you," Genevive said, "we don't want you to be in any trouble," continued, smiling at the young man.

"Normally, I wouldn't go out of my way to speak to you, but as I walked around the city, I heard that woman. You're looking for the Glaïeul de nuit?" Genevive questioned, making the young man freeze, "yes, I am," he stuttered, unable to move due to the woman's stare, "don't worry, I will not do anything to you," Genevive chuckled, "You are too precious to her," Lyney looked at her, curiously asking who this woman is, "You're more curious about whom I am referring to about than what you are assigned to investigate, Monsieur Lyney."

"Right..." Lyney murmured, "Please tell me about this Glaïeul de nuit..."

Genevive smiled at the young man and took a deep breath, slowly opening her mouth and stating a small poem.

"In the moonlit night, her eyes aflame,

A fierce devotion, a dangerous game.

She'd dance with darkness, embrace the chill,

For the one she loves, a destiny to fulfil.

For in the ledger of love, she finds her place,

Trading minutes for smiles in a warm embrace.

Her moments became a gift, a precious token,

a love story in hours, beautifully spoken.

A rogue silhouette against the night,

Her love, a flame, a burning bright.

She'd tread the path where angels fear,

A woman in love, unbridled and severe."

Lyney looked at Genevive, confused at what the information was, "Glaïeul de nuit, certain parts lovely, yet very dangerous to someone," Genevive continued, "If I told you straight away, it would ruin the fun." Genevive laughed, "Miss Genevive, I have a lot of questions–"

Genevive stopped the young man from speaking as she walked away from him. "You may have to find certain information on your own,"

"(Y/n)", Genevive called out to you as you stared at the night sky in the lovely garden, "(Y/n), I'd best be going now," you turned to her, your eyes bloodshot and glistening. "(Y/n), I do hope that you won't regret your decision of letting them use this manor," your voice hoarse as you answered her, "I won't," you turned back to the flowers, humming a sweet song, the same song you sang on your first meeting. 

Unedited 

11/25/2023