𝟏𝟖

"Minutes turn to hours, days turn to years then gone."

"How long will it take them to save you?" Aurelie spoke, clutching Lynette's face tightly. "I've taken her precious jewels before, I can take them all again." her jaw clenched, finally walking away from Lynette. "Lady Aurelie," a being from the abyss. "Find a way to prevent her from finding us," Aurelie glared at the being. Tired, she went to get a cup of tea.

"Auntie! A child ran towards Aurelie, hugging her from behind, "Marie, you shouldn't be here," the child's eyes were a glistening purple, an amethyst. "Marie, let's get you to bed," Aurelie spoke softly, carrying the child, Marie's hands resting on Aurelie's shoulder. "Auntie, when do you think papa will show up again," the child hugged her tighter, "He'll show up soon, don't worry." Aurelie's gaze darkened, slowly walking up the stairs.

"(Y/n)..." Aurelie muttered, "How long will it take you to get them back?" she said, turning to the window of a dark room.

"Miss (Y/n), the fatui are doing the best that they can to track them down," the Knave spoke, "I'll track them down, I need your men for power." you said sternly, putting the pawn to e4. "We'll need to plan how we're going to ambush them." You continued, finally meeting the gaze of the Knave. "I heard you were with child, Miss (Y/n)" you stared at her as she sat in front of you, "Just what happened to Sir Lucien's child?" She questioned, leaning towards you. "She was taken from me..." you muttered, lowering your gaze to the floor. "During the fire, I was on the way to her nursery but when I arrived, her crib was empty." You said, tears swelling up in your eyes, "But it has been less than 500 years, I couldn't find her anymore." You said, finally looking back at the Knave who sat back down.

"I see..." the tears soon dried up, You stood up, finally being able to end the game of chess. "I never thought you'd live this long." The Knave said as you poured hot water in a teapot, "The cycle repeats and repeats," you said, bringing a tea set to the table. "May I ask what exactly happened that day?" The Knave said, focusing on your expressions.

"It's a very long story, Knave."

"Lucian, dear, let us sleep..." you spoke, moving towards your working husband. It was late at night, you waited for your husband to finally join you in bed. "I'm sorry, mon lune... I have to finish these papers," Lucian smiled at you, making you pout, "What exactly are you working on?" You said, taking a seat in front of your husband's desk. "Missing funds in the bank I work in..." Lucian muttered, slowly drifting into deep thought.

"I see," you said, yawning, making Lucian look at you, "Lune, if you are tired, I am able to lay with you until you fall asleep." You smiled at him, standing up, you held his hand tightly to drag him to your bed. "Thank you, my dear..." you yawned, finally slowly drifting to sleep.

You suddenly awoke from your slumber in cold sweat. Finding your bed empty. "Lucian?" You called out, getting out of bed and taking a candle. "Lucian, are you still working, my dear?" You called out once more, walking towards his office. "Harbinger Lucian, what are we going to do about Miss (L/n)?" A mysterious voice spoke beyond the door. The voice was muffled, yet you knew it so clearly, "We'll have to kill her." Lucian spoke, the familiar voice broke your heart. "My wife cannot know that we have her mother, her mother has committed several thefts and attacks to the northern bank, we must stop it from happening." Your breathing froze as you continued to listen to the conversation, suddenly the candle you held slipped from your hands and fell to the carpet.

Your eyes widened as you saw the blaze in front of you. You ran away from it, "(Y/n)!" You heard him scream, seeing the door open to reveal your husband, Your body was shaking as he tried to move closer to you. "(Y/n)!" you were surrounded by flames, as you fell to the floor. "Marie!" You finally came back to your senses, using hydro to make a clear path towards your daughter's nursery as the fire quickly continued to spread. "Marie!" You screamed, forcing the door open but soon fell to your knees to see her crib... empty. Lucian quickly followed but his path was covered by flames.

"Lune!"

you looked up from the burning grounds of your home. Your heart was burning with turmoil. "Don't!" you screamed, tears flowing down your face. "I trusted you, I told you everything, I loved you!" you said, as the flames ran faster towards you,

"Lune, please!" he called out again; your treasures were burning, "You were with the Fatui... why should I trust you" you spoke, your words laced with rage. "Lune, please, let me explain!" he shouted, trying to run towards you.

"(Y/n), please listen to me. I never meant for it to end up this way. Now, please, we have to go!" he said, trying to reach for you. "No!" You screamed, "You took my mother, and my heart! Tell me where my baby is!" You wept as Lucian looked at you with guilt, "Lune, I'm sorry I didn't tell you..." He said, walking towards you, through the flames, he slowly knelt down and held you till the flames engulfed both of your bodies.

"How were you able to survive?" the Knave questioned, you smiled, "A curse." 

Unedited

03-05-2024