𝟏𝟓

"How does a memory never die?"

"It burnt down years ago."

Navia's eyes widened at the words she had just heard. "What do you mean? What do you mean it burnt down?" Navia questioned, taking a few steps backwards. Her head was spinning with confusing thoughts. "Navia? Navia!" A voice called out to her, snapping her out of her thoughts, "(Y/n)?" Navia's voice quivered, "Navia! What's wrong?" You asked. Your office wasn't flooded with papers anymore. It was tidy. A steaming hot cup was in front of you, and so was Neuvillete. "Miss Navia, are you well?" The chief justice asked.

"Yes, I'm fine... but" Navia's voice grew quiet as you picked up the cup of tea before you. "(Y/n)! The house of Ardennes! It burnt to the ground!" Navia exclaimed, taking you by surprise. Suddenly, a loud shatter was heard, "(Y/n)?!" Navia exclaimed. Your arm was bleeding as tea poured out from the table. Shattered porcelain covered the coffee table.

"I apologise. It seems that I broke some of my fine china," you said in a monotone voice as you stood up. Your eyes are dark, looking at Navia. "Navia, what do you mean it burnt down?"

"I heard the news earlier this morning that it burnt down in the middle of the night..." Navia said, her voice growing quiet as she continued to speak. You stood there frozen for a few minutes. "I apologise. It seems that I have to go somewhere," you said, rushing out. Running out of your office, your ring shimmered brightly, "Genevieve!" you exclaimed as you continued to run out of the Palais Mermonia.

Suddenly, a bright light came out of your ring, summoning a hummingbird. "My lady?" a familiar voice called out, "Gen! Teleport me to the manor!" you huffed, sweat dripping from your face as you continued to run. "Right away!" the hummingbird answered, summoning a portal in the direction you were running to.

Arriving at your destination, you felt your heart drop as the once beautiful manor was burnt to ashes. Warm tears dripped down your face as you fell to your knees in front of your property. All the memories, all the paintings...

"Genevieve... find who caused this," You stated somberly. Something dropped in front of you, a small note.

"Lucian, Etoile... house of hearth." the note crumpled as you read it with rage. "Genevieve, never mind. Find the head of the house of hearth," you said, moving towards the burnt-down manor. "I need their help. I need help to burn that bitch's body." your ring shining brightly. 

Unedited

12/29/2023