Chapter 7 - New Accomodation

In the morning Harry wakes to the sound of stinging jinxes sent his way, just as he feels the painful sting on his throat, his leg and one conveniently aimed at his nether region.

Through clouded, teary eyes Harry tries to make out what is happening, only to be hit with more and more jinxes. Only after minutes of Harry quietly enduring the one-sided assault and thinking he can no longer take it does it finally stop.

His dormmates leave him crying in his bet while they leave laughing but not without calling out to him a last time.

"Don't let us catch you here again."

"You are no Gryffindor – You are not one of us!"

"Next time it won't stop this fast."

Contemplating his options Harry decides to go down to the chamber of secrets.

It had been at one time the personal chamber of Salazar Slytherin, so there should be a bedroom and a study down there somewhere.

And with that in mind he puts on his school robes and let the darkness of the shadowsenvelop him as he focused on the Chamber of Secrets in his mind. With a determined thought, he willed the shadows to transport him to the cold, damp depths of the underground chamber. In an instant, he found himself standing on the ancient stone floor, the luminous glow of the Chamber's eerie light casting long shadows.

The Basilisk's gigantic form coiled near the edge of the pool, its eyes fixed on Harry with a keen intelligence. The serpent lifted its head, hissing a greeting that echoed in the vast chamber.

$ Harry Potter, you return, $ the Basilisk's voice reverberated through the space.

Tasting the air with its tongue and picking up the general mood it hisses again.

$ Have you remembered? I have smelled your blood yesterday after you left – are you hurt? $ The question sounded almost worried out of the ancient Basilisks mouth.

Harry took a deep breath, steadying himself. $ Yes I have returned and I need your help but no I have not remembered everything I only know that you don't mean me harm and can help me gain an understanding. Right now I am in the need of a safe place to stay outside of classes. Can you tell me where to find the bedroom and the study of Salazar Slytherin so I may use them as I am not safe in my own dorms. $ He Inquires, conveniently leaving out why it had smelled of blood when he left earlier.

The Basilisk's tongue flickered as it tasted the air. $ Very well, I shall show you. Follow me. $

With a sinuous movement, the Basilisk slithered away from the pool, leading Harry deeper into the Chamber of Secrets. The shadows seemed to dance around them, responding to Harry's unspoken commands, making him feel more comfortable.

As they moved through the underground labyrinth, the Basilisk guided Harry pointing out the engraved snakes on the walls pointing to the bedroom of Salazar Slytherin. The echoes of their footsteps and slithering reverberated in the stone corridors.

Eventually, they reached a section of the chamber that seemed different – an alcove hidden from casual view by two statues of snakes. The Basilisk stopped, its eyes fixed on the statues. "Make way for the heir " as soon as those words left its tongue the statues move to the side opening the view to the entrance of Salazar Slytherins bedroom. $ Young Heir, this is the entrance to the bedroom of Salazar Slytherin inside you also find the door to his study, potions lab and dueling room. The room itself changes positions in the chamber but the engraved snakes will always point towards it. You can also imprint your magic onto the doorknob to be able to summon the entrance to any door in Hogwarts. If you wish for this room it shall appear. $

The room was bathed in a soft, ethereal glow, emitted from enchanted sconces that lined the walls. Elaborate tapestries adorned with the Slytherin crest covered the walls, their serpentine emblems intertwining with silver and emerald threads. The bed, draped in luxurious green and silver fabrics, stood as the centerpiece of the room, its four posters intricately carved with snakes and vines.

Moonlight filtered through a stained-glass window seemingly connected to the outside wall overlooking the black lake even though the room is technically located underground. The air held a faint scent of ancient parchment and the lingering essence of magical potions.

In one corner, an ornate vanity reflected the opulence of Slytherin's tastes, with crystal vials and exquisite jewelry arranged meticulously. A silver-handled hairbrush rested beside a stack of yellowing letters, hinting at a life long past.

To the side of the bedroom, three imposing doors beckoned, each leading to a different facet of Slytherin's private world.

The first door, adorned with intricate runes, led to Slytherin's personal study. As Harry pushed it open, he stepped into a room lined with towering bookshelves, their contents ranging from ancient magical tomes to volumes on serpentine lore. The desk, carved from dark wood, bore quills and parchment, remnants of Slytherin's intellectual pursuits.

The second door revealed a potions laboratory, the air heavy with the scent of rare ingredients. Cauldrons of various sizes lined the shelves, and a polished oak table held an array of potion-making tools. The room spoke of Slytherin's dedication to the subtle and mysterious art of potion brewing.

Finally, the third door opened to a dueling room, its walls adorned with tapestries depicting legendary battles and victories. The polished stone floor bore the marks of countless duels, and enchanted targets lined the walls, waiting to be unleashed.

As Harry explored the lavish interior of Salazar Slytherin's private quarters, he felt a connection to the wizard who had once inhabited this space. The traces of Slytherin's life were woven into the very fabric of the room, and Harry sensed that within these walls, answers awaited – secrets that would illuminate the past and guide the future.

This will be where he will live for the rest of the year outside of classes, if he even needs to go to those as he should train for the tournament. It might be worth a shot to ask McGonagall about that.

Until then he will go to classes and then stay down in the chamber where he won't be assaulted by the whole school and making use of the doors magic.