Challneges

Love.

There was no better way to describe the smell of freshly brewed coffee in the morning! There simply wasn't a better smell in all of creation, in Fitz's humble opinion, and right now, the smell was wafting – no, beckoning him – as he finished brushing the death off his teeth from the night before and almost giddily jogged down the stairs into Liv's space. He marveled at how quickly it had become routine for him to get his coffee down here. The little groan of anticipation for his morning drink simply couldn't be stifled.

"Godddd, that smells divine!" He muttered to himself and continued towards the kitchen.

"Good morning, Fritz." Liv said with a smile from her seat on the sofa.

His head turned to her direction. She was curled up on the sofa wearing a simple pink cotton bathrobe that was belted at the waist. The thin covering should have made him think of his grandmother and the robes she was prone to wear in the mornings when he was a boy at her house in the summer, but not this time.

Seeing Liv's well toned mocha legs stretched in front of her sent all thoughts of grandma out the window. Keep it together dumbass, he reminded himself. He sent a smile back at her, but his was full of mischief and pride. "I'm glad I didn't dream that. I guess it actually happened."

"It did." She teased.

"I can't seem to remember what it was the I called you. Something more creative, I'm sure." Squinting, he glanced up, but the nickname didn't come to him. He shrugged. "I do remember that you were pretty wrecked last night."

She brought a hand up to her throat and glanced around the empty room with wide eyes in fake disbelief. "Me?"

"Oh yea." He openly mocked.

"If I was wrecked, you were hammered." She shot him a superior look and chuckled.

Fitz went to the sofa and sat down near her. He picked up her legs and set them in his lap as if he'd routinely done that a million times before. She seemed completely comfortable with the simple gesture, so he gently set his hands on top of her shins.

"Hammered is a bit strong. I was definitely feeling something though." Not quite the same thing he was feeling right now.

Why did she have to look so good all the time? Why did he have to sound like such an idiot whenever he spoke to her? Pushing the self deprecating thoughts away for the moment, he studied her gorgeous face. She didn't look like a woman who had enjoyed a night of heavy drinking and had gotten home just hours earlier. There wasn't a hint that she was suffering from a hangover either. Something she definitely should be dealing with after the amount she had consumed at the bar.

The amount they both had consumed, his lightly thumping head reminded him.

Liv looked completely at ease sitting there, listening to the sound of his voice drone on as his hand stayed on her legs. He was trying like hell to keep his eyes on her face instead of her exposed legs. It was much more difficult as flashes of him gripping her thigh rushed through his mind.

That was the moment that his brain reminded him of what it felt like to kiss her too. His blue eyes zeroed in on her plump lips and he studied them intensely. What he wouldn't give for a sober sample of her mouth. His tongue slid out between his parched lips as he made himself look her in the eye. "Uhh, you're not having coffee this morning?"

He sounded like a moron.

She enjoyed watching Fitz struggle with all of the things that seemed to be going on inside him. He was thinking about how they had left things last night. She'd bet money on it.

Good. She didn't want to be the only one tortured by the memory.

"It's brewing. I was trying to enjoy the feeling of freshly brushed teeth as long as possible."