Mikazuki Bigwave & Judas Priest - Part 1

The favela of Rocinha is located in the South Zone of the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It has the distinction of being the largest slum in the country, with about 70,000 inhabitants.

As is often the case with slums, it is prey to struggles between different trafficking gangs (Amigos dos Amigos, Baianá, Santana & Thomas) to take control of the favela.

On November 13, 2001, Rocinha was the scene of a major operation conducted by the Armed Forces of Brazil and the mafia organization Passione. The objective was to take the territory back from the hands of the drug traffickers, in order to prepare the ground for the future installation of the city's 28th Pacification Police Unit and to eliminate Passione's fugitives from the Sezione Droghe.

The favela is one of the country's tuberculosis hotbeds, with an incidence rate of 372 cases of the disease per 100,000 inhabitants.

This rate is 11 times higher than the national average.

The high concentration of the disease in the neighborhood has various causes, such as narrow streets, which hinder the penetration of solar radiation and ventilation in homes, the high population density, poverty and the lack of sanitation.

All these elements stimulate the proliferation of disease-causing bacteria.

In this difficult environment, grew up a boy with a seemingly normal life.

His name was Carlos "Carlito" Takanaka.

He lived on the south side of the favela, with his two sisters, and like all the kids in those areas he had a passion for football.

After attending three hours of school every day, Carlito met with his friends in the abandoned football field that they nicknamed "Disorder". There were important football matches between the boys in the area, and Carlito, who played in the lead role, like his idol Pelé, was the best bomber of the season. At just 15 years old, he had participated in numerous auditions for juvenile teams, including the Botafogo.

In addition, Carlito was a very attractive and lively boy, each time managing to stand out from the crowd for his self-centered character and very feminine appearance. Carlito often wore women's clothes, but no one could understand the reason behind that choice. Nevertheless, every girl went crazy for him, and he had numerous fans.