Injured

Levine just shook her head and smiled, she turned back towards Aurelia who had a panicked look on her face. Levines smile fell and she asked,

"What's wrong?"

"..blood" she answered.

Levine was confused before she looked down. She thought Aurelia was talking about herself, but turns out she was talking about Levine. Red had stained the left side of Levines shirt, guess that captain she was fighting wasn't as bad as Levine thought. She sighed and said,

"..why do these things only hurt after you notice them?"

Her crew had started boarding her ship again and they all noticed the blood on her side. They quickly placed their hands on her back and shoulders and ushered her into a bedroom.

"Oh it's not that bad!" Levine said.

A young woman who was partially adept at healing lifted up the left side of Levines shirt to see the wound. Levine looked down at herself, surprised.

"Okay maybe it is that bad.." she said.

Anyone who wasn't necessary in this situation left the room and the young woman whose name was Claire took off Levines shirt. She pushed Levine onto the bed so Levine was lying down on her back.

"Y'know this would be pretty romantic if I wasn't bleeding out.." Levine joked.

The woman was rummaging through a cabinet and she pulled out some bandages and a needle and some thread. She ran back over to Levine and prepared the needle and thread. Levines vision had gotten blotchy and just as the woman was about to start stitching her up, she passed out.

She didn't know how long she had been knocked out, but when she woke up nobody was in the room and her waist had bandages wrapped around it. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt anymore. She looked next to her and saw an empty medicine bottle sitting on a small table. So that was why she felt so airy.. she was high on drugs right now. She had a new shirt on, her necklace was still sitting on her chest though. The shirt was similar to her other one. It was white and loose, this one had a deep v neck though.

She sat up, not without a bit of struggle though. After she sat up the door opened and Alistair walked in. Actually, there was someone behind him it was..Aurelia??

"I'm not that high am I?" Levine asked.

"Nope." Alistair said.

"Whenever we left the room Aurelia had grown legs and was stumbling over, she was naked at first but one of the ladies had some clothes to spare so she put them on her."

Well, Levine learned something new about Aurelia everyday it seems. Now she knew Aurelia was able to switch between being a human and being a mermaid.

Aurelia stumbled over to the side of Levines bed, still not used to walking yet. Now Levine could see her up close, almost all her mermaid features had disappeared. No more sharp nails, or sharp teeth, and obviously her tail had been replaced with legs. She wore an off the shoulder blouse with ruffles and a white and light pink lacy corset with brown ribbons. Under the corset she had on a light pink skirt.

(Like this)

(Like this)

"Well you look good, certainly a lot hotter than me right now" Levine said.

A small blush arose on Aurelia's face and she lifted her hand to Levines head. She started fixing the bed head Levine hadn't realized she had. While she was doing that Levine asked Alistair,

"So how long was I out?"

"Not too long, maybe 3-4 hours" he responded.

"Ah I guess that isn't so bad, did Claire tell you how long it would take me to recover?" Levine asked.

"Yup, she said it would take a week and a half for you to be up and running. You might not be completely back to normal for about a month though." He said.

Levine grimaced, she didn't like the thought of being down for a whole month. Alistair saw he wasn't needed there anymore, so he left the room and closed the door behind him. Aurelia was satisfied with Levines hair so she pulled her hand away and left it hanging at her side.

"Aw I liked the feeling of your hands in my hair" Levine pouted.

Aurelia smiled softly and patted Levines head a few more times.

"You can sit y'know" Levine said, looking up at Aurelia.

Levine scooted to the side and bit and Aurelia sat next to her. Levine laid her head on Aurelia's lap and she continued playing with Levines hair. Levine closed her eyes in content and asked,

"How do you turn human anyway?"

"When dry my tail turns into legs, and when I'm fully submerged in water I turn back to normal" she replied.

That made sense, Levine had assumed that was how it worked anyway.

"You've gotten pretty good at talking now" Levine said.

"Yes, I listen to you and those other people talking from the water a lot" Aurelia said.

"Really? I never noticed you..it's still impressive you've learned so quickly though" Levine said.

Levine opened her eyes and she was immediately breath taken from the sight in front of her. Aurelia was looking down at her as the light shone on her face from the window making her green eyes twinkle. A piece of her blonde hair fell in front of her face because of the angle she was in.

"You truly are the most beautiful woman I've ever met Aurelia, I think you have bewitched me" Levine said.

"Well we mermaids do have the ability to hypnotize people and lure them in" Aurelia replied.

"Well you've certainly got me" Levine said, brushing the piece of hair that fell behind Aurelia's ear.

Levine put her hand on the back of Aurelia's head and pushed her towards her. She used one of her elbows to prop herself up, and she sat up just enough to be able to reach Aurelia's lips. The kiss was slow and gentle, Levine used the hand on Aurelia's head to stroke her hair. Suddenly the door opened and both Levine and Aurelia turned towards it.

"I'm here to check up on- oh.." Claire walked in, wanting to do a checkup.

Levine sighed, "why does someone always walk in on us??"

After seeing the predicament her captain was in, Claire got very red in the face and she quickly ran out the door and slammed it behind her.

"Sorry!! I'll knock next time I promise!"