Dreaming of Poker Cards, Mac and Cheese, and American Presidents (NEW, OS)

This is the most recent of the series.

It's very weird that for one reason, a young girl was dreaming of three different things at the same time, and that it felt awkward to talk about. Luckily though, she managed to write this down for me.

And you will see why in the end.

By the way, enjoy the story.

***

I wasn't supposed to write this.

But somehow, it got itself stuck in my head for several times.

Yeah, it's weird that such a thought like that was vivid enough to be there for a while, and if you ask me, it's too complicated to talk about.

I have this crazy dream again.

Dreams like that, they say, only last for a few hours before you wake up and realize that you forgot it all, but hey, at least our minds were doing well on those things.

My dream wasn't supposed to change, but it did. The details change up every time I think of it again.

But hey, at least that's what they do.

I luckily managed to grab my notebook and write all this down before this crazy dream of mine will disappear, and sure, someone has to take notes so you can read them later.

Okay, here we go.

Let's make this into a short story.

***

So it happened like this.

I'm in my bed, just woken up because I was thirsty.

Mom had told me not to drink water before bedtime, and since I've been busy those last few hours streaming on TikTok, I knew why she said that.

I mean, imagine going to the bathroom at night without any lights on. Too scary.

It's still a bit dark. Not too dark, though, since there's those lights our neighbors set up to brighten their yard, and has reached some of its light upstairs.

Bed felt kinda cool and cozy on the blue and white blanky I had, but the decor of the room felt like they're waiting for sunrise to come. It's kinda eerie.

Yeah, I am thirsty, but it didn't bother me at all. Not until I have enough that I went out of bed in my pajamas and slippers on my feet.

It felt warm, and I walked over to open the door wide.

Walking out of my room in my pajamas felt like violating their rules, should've went back to sleep now, but that wasn't just it.

I walked towards the stairs.

And that's where I heard men talking to each other.

Why would there be men in my house? Dad wasn't home from his business trip yet, and Mom didn't even invite random people to her house. It felt like a mistake.

It seems busy. The men were talking, laughing, having some conversations... I can even smell smoke.

Tobacco smoke. Can tell that, since Dad also does it.

I was curious about this, so I decided to walk downstairs, and right down towards the living room.

But it didn't feel right. The living room seemed different than I remember... Why would it be so out of place? And why is the carpet red, when it's actually yellow?

I looked up and then saw the most shocking thing that I saw in my life.

.

American presidents.