Chapter 9

Chapter 9 (Steve's POV)

This was the time we started setting up to kill Dustin's weird Demogorgon. 

We threw metal pallets in a pile, rolled barrels, and made a trail of gasoline around the junk yard. Max set up a ladder inside of this broken-down bus.

   After we finished setting up, I shoved everyone on the bus. The sun had already set.

  "Can I look now?" Lucas asked impatiently.

 Tatum finally nods, and he peaks out with his binoculars in the dark. I played with the lighter I had in my pocket. 

"Have you really fought one of these things before?" Max, the red head asked. I'm pretty sure this is the girl that Dustin likes.

 I'm pretty sure this is the girl that Dustin likes

I nodded, still messing with the lighter. 

"And you're, like, totally 100% sure that it wasn't a bear?" She asks. I nod again.

 "Shit, don't be an idiot. Why are you even hear if you don't believe us. Just go home." Dustin says in a rude tone.

 "Dustin, chill." Tatum mumbles.

 I smile at Tatum, but she doesn't notice.

 "Geesh. Someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" Max remarks smuggly.

 Dustin paces around the bus as Max climbs up the ladder towards Lucas.

 "That's good. Just show her you don't care." I say.

 "I don't." Dustin replies, still pacing. 

"What are you guys talking about?" Tatum asks.

 I wink at Dustin, and Tatum looks confused. 

  "Why are you winking, Steve? Stop." Dustin says harshly. 

My smile kinda faded, but it went back up once Tatum looked at me. We smiled at each other, making funny faces back and forth. She stuck her tounge out at me and I chuckled. I blew her a kiss and she laughed as well.

"You guys are annoying." Dustin says, watching the booth of us.

   Suddenly, we heard a screech. I jumped up and ran towards the little window where I peaked out to look for the Demogorgon.

 "You see him?" Dustin asks, peaking from behind me.

 "No." I reply sharply. 

"Lucas! What's going on?" Dustin shouts.

 "Hold on!" Lucas shouts back. Lucas looks around for the Demogorgon with his binoculars, "I've got eyes! 10 o'clock! 10 o'clock!" Lucas yells from the top of the bus.