Chapter 8

Chapter 8 (Dustin's POV)

Drum roll... We arrived at the junk yard pretty quickly after that little talk I had with Steve and my sister trying to butt-in.

  "Oh yeah. Yeah, this will do." Steve says, staring at the junk yard from afar.                                    "This will do just fine. Good call, dude." He says, now walking towards the junk yard.

 I grinned happily at the small compliments. Weall started walking closer and closer to the junk yards, placing more meat on the ground. A few minutes went by, and we decided to dump the rest of the meat in a big pile. 

"I said medium well!"

 I turned around to see Lucas and Max.. 

"Who is that?" Steve and Tatum said in unison. I didn't reply. I just stared at her. Steve and Tatum started laughing to themselves. They knew exactly who it was. I ran over to Lucas and dragged him behind an old, rusted car.

 "You told her?" I asked Lucas.

 Lucas sighs, "So what?" He said.

"So what!?" I repeat.

 "You wanted to tell her to!" He said defensively.

 "Yeah, but I didn't, alright. We all agreed not to tell her dn to look for Dart." I snap back.

 "Who you conveniently found?" Lucas asks smuggly. 

"Are you suggesting I'm lying?" I ask. 

"I'm saying that you have a creepy little bond with him." Lucas says.

 "Yeah, that was before he turned into a Demogorgon." I quietly shout.

"And you haven't heard from Mike, Will, or Hopper?" Lucas questions.

 "No, no, no, and no! No one is around. Why do you think I'm with Steve Harrington?" I say.

 "Because he is Tatum's boyfriend, or something?" Lucas says obliviously.

 "They aren't together! Ok? Something's.." 

 "Wrong. I agree. Which is why we need as much help as we can get...." 

We stand up and look through the broken car trying to block anyone from seeing us. 

"She didn't believe me any way." Lucas says. Both of our eyes piercing at Max. 

"You probably didn't tell it right." I say. Maybe I was a little jealous, but only a little. 

"That must be it.. So we good?" Lucas says, reaching his hand out for me to shake. I hesitated, but as I was... 

"Hey dickheads!!" Steve says banging an old chair on the car,

"How come the only one helping us is this random girl?" Tatum asks. 

"We lose light in 40 minutes! Let's go!" Steve yells. We slowly trail from behind the car, 

"Let's go I said!" Steve yells again. 

"Alright, asshole! Gosh!" I shout. 

"Ok, stupid.." Lucas mumbles. 

Tatum whips her head back and glares at me, shaking her head. 

Lucas looks at me, "You sure their not dating?" He says. 

"Yes! Well, I dunno just stop asking." I scoff.

"It doesn't look like it, but whatever." He says. Max runs up behind us and walks in a line with us. 

"I didn't know that those 2 were dating." Max says. 

"Ok! That's it!" I shout.