Chapter 12

Chapter 12 (Tatum's POV)

"Eleven." Mike mumbled under his breath.

"Mike!" The girl said loudly.

The 2 kids hugged for what seemed like a minute, but to them, it probably felt like much more.

Tears streamed down both of their faces. 

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night for.."

"353 days. I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me that you were there? That you were safe?" Mike asked.

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper answered, laying a hand on Mike's shoulder.

"What the hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper asked, walking towards Eleven. Insecpting the outfit she had on.

"Where have you been?" Eleven says, almost angry.

Hopper pulled her into a hug.

"You've been hiding her?" Mike exclaimed

"You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike shoved Hopper, but he grabbed Mike's shoulder once again.

"Let's talk. Alone."

Mike and Hoppper go into a small closet, and Mike starts yelling at Hopper for hiding her.

Eleven makes her way over to Lucas and Dhstin and all 3 go in for a group hug.

"We missed you." Lucas said.

"Misses you too." 

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin joked.

El pulls away from the hug and puts her hand by Dustin's mouth and spreads his lips.

"Teeth." She says.

"What?" Dustin swats her hand.

"You have teeth." Eleven moves her hand away. 

Dustin chuckles, "You like these pearls?" Dustin makes a weird purring noise. 

I look at Steve and he looked back at me, sharing smile with each other as we watched the small reunion.

"Eleven? Hey, uhm. I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Max places her hand out for El to shake, but she doesn't reply and walks past her. 

Damn, that was cold..

"Hey, sweetheart!" Joyce says, giving Eleven a hug as a few tears softly drift down her face.

"Can I see him?" Eleven says, referring to Will.

Joyce leads her into the bedroom they had set Will in. They walk back out of the room after around 5 minutes.

Joyce points are the Morse code paper.

"You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce questions.

"Yes."

"Do you think that if we got you back there, you could close it?"

"It's not like it was before. It's grown a lot. And that's considering if we can get in there. That place is crawling with those dogs." Hopper says, leaning up against a counter.

"Demo-dogs." Dustin says quickly. 

I sigh, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I said uh, Demo-dogs. " Dustin paused with a slight stutter, " Like Demogorgon and dogs. Put them together... That sounds pretty badass..." 

"How is this important right now?" Hopper raises his voice.

"It's not, sorry." 

"I can do it." Eleven says with a nod. 

"Even if El can do it, there is still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike explains.

"I thought that was the whole point." Max says. 

"It is, but if we are really right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the Mind Flayers army.."

"Will is a part of that army..."

"...Closing the gate will kill him." Mike says.

Everyone went silent and looked towards Joyce. She got up from the table and walked to the room Will had been laying in. There was an open window letting in a draft.

"He likes it cold. That's what I will keep saying to me!" Joyce said.

She walked over and closed the the window 

"We keep giving it what it wants." She says.

"If this is a virus and Will's the host, then we need to make the host uninhabitable." I say.

"So if he likes it cold, well, we need to burn it out of him." Nancy says. 

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Mike says.

"Somewhere far away." Dustin stated.

Hopper nodded. "I know somewhere." 

                                                                                           ●○●○●

Joyce grabbed a towel and wrapped it around Will, and Hopper picked him up and took him out to the Byers car. 

"Take Denfeild, then you'll see a large oak tree. You gonna swing right. That road is a dead end. And it's about a five minute walk from there." He said, placing Will into the car. 

"Ok, Denfeild, swing a right, and that's it. Channel 10, right?" Jonathan says, following Hopper outside and to the car.

"Yes, ok, you let me know when that thing is out of him." Hopper says, putting an arm around Jonanthan. Hopper leaves and walks back towards the house.