An Eclipse Down Under

Most people on Earth will witness a solar eclipse only once in a lifetime. It was the March of 1988 in Sydney, Australia. Denise and Robert Walter ran into the Park Hyatt Hotel exuding the newlywed glow.

"Ay Sheila, welcome to our suite!" Robert grinned.

"First of all, never speak in the offensive attempt of an Australian accent again," Denise laughed, "and second, I don't believe that any Aussies actually say 'Sheila' anymore."

"It's been three days and you're already such a wife!" Robert groaned, falling onto the plush white bed.

Denise threw aside the curtains, exposing the breathtaking view. She turned around to Robert with a soft smile, "Well my darling, you have me for life."

Later that evening, when the moon passed between the Sun and the Earth over Australia, a life was created. Nine months later, Daniel Walter was born to Denise and Robert Walter. It was December 21st, 1988; the winter solstice. The nurse placed the small boy of brown hair into the arms of his mother.

"That is by far the calmest baby I have ever seen," the nurse exclaimed, "you've got a special one there Mrs. Walter."

Denise smiled at the nurse and nodded her head. What she did not know was how true that statement was. Daniel Walter was more special than anyone would figure out until many years later.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Thank you all for reading the first chapter of my new piece! It was very short, but it needed to establish this bit of information first thing. Subsequent chapters will be much longer. Comment, follow, vote, let me know what you think!

Be kind and love one another,

Olivia xx