Chapter 3: Reforming The Failures

Time had flown by as May 1 had arrived, marking the end of the first month of my leadership. Sudou, alongside Ike and the others now listened to the teachers. Because if they didn't, one cold glare of mine would immediately get them shivering. Am I really that scary?

But some of them were still, getting a bit sleepy, like Miyamoto and Hondou. I can't blame them though. Even I am having trouble keeping myself awake. It's too boring, learning things you already know. But that boringness came to an end when Chabashira-sensei grabbed our attention.

"Listen up, everyone. The midterms are coming close. There are quite a few idiots in this class, so you must study to pass. And if you pass, there is a luxurious summer vacation waiting for you all, in a cruise ship."

Everyone perked up after her words. I asked her something important, though.

"But, sensei, is it really going to be a vacation?"

She was about to leave, but then stopped after my words.

"You can interpret it as you wish."

That really raised my suspicions even further.

After a series of classes, it was finally time for lunch. I immediately stood up and stopped everyone.

"You all heard Chabashira-sensei. The midterms are pretty near. I know that you all are trying, but if you wanna remain in this school, you will have to do your best. Remember, if you don't, you can always be disposed."

Everyone shivered, especially the weaker students who were bad at studying.

"Also, passing the midterms might get us a certain amount of points. Suppose we got an average of 80, then 80 points might be added to our total. That's why, I want everybody to get good marks and pass. Let's get to the vacations altogether!"
I added a bit of enthusiasm to get the morale up.
Honestly, it felt very weird.

"Yeah!" Ike and the others cheered.

"As you already know, the current study groups will commence from 5 p.m. in the afternoon and will run for 2 hours. So, don't be late. That ends my case."

Everyone silently assented and left. They must be desperate for the so-called vacation.

That being said, I think something like a 'special test' would occur. In a school like this, where future elites are nurtured, they wouldn't just be happy with academical and physical performances. There must be other criteria like teamwork, critical thinking etc. We were also taught about these in the White Room.

After class, I messaged the group chat.

KiyoTaka: How are the study groups going on? Let me know about the students' progress.

Horikita: It's a pain, but I don't mind if we can reach Class A.

Kushida: It's really pleasant helping people study!

KiyoTaka: I asked about student progress though..

Horikita: They're quite improving. I had planned to make a study group myself, but your actions rather changed my plans.

KiyoTaka: Wait, your group is being praised by you? Ike and Okitani are there, right?

Horikita: Yes, but they are maturing too. It's still a bit tiring, though.

KiyoTaka: You're certainly right about that.

We all talked for some more minutes then finished the group chat.

Looks like the study groups had a good start. The midterms were coming in two weeks, so it would be troublesome if someone were to fail.

Everyone was trying to change in Class D, for the better. The Idiot Trio, or Sudou, Ike and Yamauchi were now trying to focus more on classes. But sometimes, Sudou would still fall asleep. It's reasonable, as he would be really tired after playing basketball.