✧ Christmas ✧

TRIGGER WARNINGS- Child abuse

Enjoy. Personally, I think this chapter is very important to the plot line!

She got off the train with Theo and walked over to her parents rather grimly.

She smiled and hugged her mum tightly and simply nodded at her father knowing very well what would happen if she showed any disrespect.

They walked silently to their car; nobody spoke until they started to drive home.

"Y/N, we have a lot to discuss, starting with the fact that you kept this from us" Felix said, not keeping his eyes off the road.

Y/N stayed silent.

"She's been really busy, dad. She didn't have time to write-" Theo started but was cut off by the stern tone of his father.

"So, she couldn't inform her family about a life changing ability, but she could write about staying there for Christmas? Rubbish."

Silence. The rest of the ride home, silence.

They arrived at the Nott Manner about an hour later, Y/N silently walking inside with her mum.

"Don't worry cara, it'll be okay. I do wish you told us though" her mother Amalia said firmly but reassuringly.

Y/N nodded and walked inside to the living room where she was sure to be yelled at.

Felix sent Theo and Amalia to another room and stood there glaring at his daughter.

"We will spend the rest of your break working on controlling your abilities. You need to be able to do as much with them as possible. It will be very helpful in a few years."

"What does that mean?" she asked.

"Don't worry about it yet. Just focus on practicing. Now, tell me why in the name of Merlin you didn't write to me as soon as you found out!"

"I knew you'd react like this! Saying it would be useful for the family name. I'm not some puppet you get to control just to look good. If anything, I could easily control you." she snapped.

SMACK!

Her father hit her across the face leaving a large red mark. Y/N flinched as he raised his hand once more. She wasn't sad, she was angry.

The number of times her father has tried to hit her and use her throughout her life was getting out of hand.

"Listen to me! You will control this, and you will keep up our family name! You've already made a fool of yourself by being placed in Gryffindor." Her father spat.

"But that isn't fair! You treat me like absolute shit just because of my sorting! You praise Theo 24/7 but act like I'm just some piece of garbage! You can't force me to do this!" she yelled, feeling the anger rise in her blood.

Wrong choice.

Felix's face went scarlet with anger, he raised his hand high, curled into a fist, and hit her right in the chest.

She grunted and stepped back, looking at her father with wide eyes. Sure, he's hit her before but never that hard.

Y/N never cries, but at that moment a single tear rolled down her cheek as she looked at her father's furious expression.

He showed no sympathy or regret, just anger.

"We start tomorrow. Go unpack your things" he said firmly.

Y/N walked upstairs to her bedroom and shut the door quietly.

She banged her fists against the dresser making Nyx screech slightly.