Savin' Raven part 2.

Dragon Raven doth only permit mine touch, so they consent to let me depart, for Raven hath need to visit the magician as well.

So now we art back at the guard tower, and I'm petting Raven.

"I shall not go without Imai," Lady Zuri declares.

"Then do not come; Jerome can come instead," Sir Evelar says, seeming weary.

"I desire not to go, for it is me and Jae's date night," Sir Jerome says.

"Very well, then I'm only taking Sir Dae," Sir Evelar says.

"But what if a group of sorcerers attacks? Sir Dae knows not the Magicks, and thou only knowest basic attack Magicks; Lady Imani and I are full-fledged witches," Lady Zuri argues.

"I am taking Lady Zuri, Lady Imani, and Sir Evelar," I command.

"Nay, I am the head guard; I should-" Sir Evelar begins.

"It matters not, Evelar! This is for Raven!" I say.

"But these two together are firecrackers; they are too impulsive when together and too powerful to be impulsive," Sir Evelar states.

"Doth it appear that I care?" I say.

"Very well, we shall take them, but then who shall be caring for the kingdom when we art gone?" Sir Evelar asks.

"Lady Belladonna shall rule the kingdom in my stead, and Sir Omari can be the head guard," I say, glancing over at the handsome Sir Omari.

He notices and winks at me.

I quickly look away.

"Now we must procure food, inform the people of our departure, and prepare one of the ships," Sir Evelar says.

"Indeed, let us commence!" I say joyfully.

.

Time skip until after that.

.

Forthwith, after the proclamation, I was bid to proceed to the library and retrieve mine belongings, so that is the course I am taking.

In mine brief tenure of nine days in this realm, I have acquired a novel codex, a recent blanket, a freshly wrought candelabra, a satchel, many offerings of gowns and wealth from the townsfolk, and Sir Evelar procured for me a mattress of what he claims to be kingly dimensions.

The attic of the library differs not greatly from the cave, so the transition betwixt the two abodes was not a momentous affair.

I seize mine codex, blanket, a lengthy scarlet gown, an endearing pirate gown, a dagger, a tome of magicks, six diamonds, 12 gold coins, and 20 silver coins, placing them within my satchel.

Descending the stairs with caution in the dimness, I reach the lower level. There, I discern Seraphina glaring at me.

Ever since the revelation of my royal ascension, she doth cast silent glares and occasionally utters venomous threats.