3

Claire's POV

"Hey mom, I'm home and Vanessas with me!" I say kissing my mom on the cheek.
"How was school? Hi Vanessa I'm Amanda, Claire's mom, do you want a snack or anything?
I look to see if she wants anything. She shakes her head no. "Um I think we're good for now thanks though." I thank my mom, grabbing Vanessa's hand to show her to my room. "Well, you ladies have fun, I have to get some groceries. Be safe and call me if you need anything." Amanda says looking at us the way mothers do when they mean it.

"Hey now that she is gone, let's call Colton!" Vanessa says while giving me puppy eyes.
"Fine." I sigh "my phone or your phone?" I think about what I just said. "On second thought, my phone." I tell Vanessa. I pull my phone out of my pocket and dial the number I knew by heart,
(****)***-****

Conversation[C=Colton V=Vanessa Cl=Claire]
C- What the **** do you want Claire?
Cl-Vanessa wanted to talk/call you and she is hearing this right this minute.
C-Hey Vanessa, how are you excuse my French but I thought that this was JUST Claire.
V-That's ok, I mean you didn't know I was apart of this conversation so it doesn't count. what I want to know is...
C-What do you want to know?
V- Why aren't you and Claire friends?
C-She didn't tell you! Wow Claire way to not tell Vanessa what happened to us.
Cl-Why don't YOU tell her?!
C- Because...
Cl/V Because...
C- Uh, because...[you can hear the nervousness in his voice] Um...well, um heh how do I say this? Um, well I guess because I'm not having girl talk?[voice cracks goes high] Does that work?
V-Yes
Cl-No and you sound like your not sure
C-Oh I think I hear my mom calling, bye Vanessa and the worst person, Claire Richie[ just thought of her name at {checks time}1:05 am Tuesday 3 November 2015]
V-Bye Colton. See you tomorrow? Please don't call her that ok? Ok.
C- No promises Vanessa.