busy but good

the trip to cochem went as smoothly as it could, though wilhelmina was growing more and more concerned with her oma. the grief stricken woman seemed to be forgetting a lot more than not, and her mental health has been on the rapid decline, though she still remains with the sugary sweet smile she's always had.
   throughout the funeral, the redhead would often catch her grandmother tear stricken, as one would expect, though the eyes the tears would fall from seemed to grow ever more empty and lifeless. But wilhelmina knew for a fact that she made the right choice to stay with her oma instead of her brother and nephew, as the frail woman was currently struggling to reach something off the top shelf in the kitchen, more likely than not, reaching for yet another tuba-ware container to fill up with more left overs for her grandbaby to take home. she had already filled up three, and if it exceeds four, minnie was quite literally going to have to tuck the frazzled woman into bed.

   "oma, i'll be alright, seriously. i have groceries at home, though i do love you're cooking, i don't need you wearing yourself out going through all this trouble." the redheads voice came out gentle, layered between a light chuckle, gesturing to her already full hands of leftovers.
    "sei nicht lächerlich." the woman scolded, as the younger of the two reaches up and grabs the tub the elder has been struggling to grab. wilhelmina hands it over, laying a kiss on her oma's cheek when she did, before moving back over to the small counter in the historic home.

   "kind, wann gehst du morgen los?" her voice could be heard, laced in a heavy accent, as her back was turned to the grandchild. facing the stove, hand's occupied filling the tub with the still warm spätzle, something she made for wilhelmina as she knew it was one of her favorites.

   grabbing the lid to the tub out of the drawer on the right side of the sink, glancing at her open journal that laid on the counter from when she was writing her schedule in it before dinner,
"tomorrow at elf Uhr, but it'll be a five hour zugfahrt, so i have to get to the tracks at around six in the evening tomorrow." minnie explains, snapped the lid onto the container and moving the pile into the freezer to keep fresh through the travels of the next day.
her oma's mouth opened, about to reply, when the sound of wilhelmina's phone sounded throw out the small house, causing the woman to sit up and glance her satchel that held the device.
"excuse me, oma." she glanced at the older of the two, who responses in a head nod while going back to the dishes at the sink.
moving from the counter, to her bag. it takes her all but a second to find the cellular, the caller id showing a picture of her brother and nephews smiling faces, and it takes her all but a second to press down on the 'answer' button, and place it up to her ear.
"what's up?" she answers, leaning against the back of the old couch in the living room.

"what time are you leaving tomorrow, minni?" klaus was always up front, though his voice forever remained laid back and almost uncaring, his voice came through rushed. panicked even.
and her thoughts immediately ran wild with possibilities of her brother being in some kind of trouble. even if klaus was the older of the two, wilhelmina was always the one to watch out for the both of them, being placed in the foster system as children can do wild things to the dynamic of siblings.
"at eleven in the evening, it was the cheapest flight, but i have to be at the tracks at 6. what's going on klaus?"

there was a relieved sigh on the other end of the phone, klaus relaxing some.
"i got called into work, and i haven't been able to find an affordable sitter yet for tommias. i was hoping you'd be able to watch over him tomorrow, i should be home by 5:30 and i can give you a ride to the tracks." the ginger man offered, knowing she won't be able to walk to the tracks within a half an hour.
he loved his job, he really did, but that didn't make it any less stressful. being a substitute music teacher was always like playing a game of roulette, you never knew what class you're going to be assigned to, or when they'll need you to cover. so it wasn't a new thing for klaus to have a last minute gig and call up oma and opa to babysit, but the siblings had already discussed how their grandmother could barely bend down at this point, and it would be best to get a sitter.
the long haired woman kept the phone to her ear, and walked over to her journal,
"yeah that should work, besides i haven't been able to spend much time with him this visit anyway." she had a smile on her face, writing the addition to her day into her schedule.
"can i drop him off at oma's at 5 tomorrow morning? i know it's early, but he should pass out as soon as he lays on her couch."
glancing at the woman in question, wilhelmina gets a nod in response as the woman had been listening into the conversation. the nosy woman.
"yeah, works for us. i'll see you then, but i gotta go pack, so i'll talk to you later." minni concludes, receiving a rushed 'i love you' as she heard a shrill giggle of her nephew and a crash of something in the background, before her brother abruptly hung up the call.
releasing a deep sigh, the elegant woman slides her phone back in her bag, before heading to the guest bedroom to finish packing, swiping her journal from the counter as she passed.
tomorrow will be busy, but it'll be a good one, she could feel it.