Prologue

Prologue

Gold Star Studios, February 14 2021

"No you don't understand!" Alice cried. " I didn't mean...I couldn't- I'd never!" She practically yelled through tears. Ella stood outside the office pacing the lobby.

"Well someone did!" Ms. Mary; the office lady raised her voice. Ella busted through the door. "Alice lets go." She said sternly.

"Hold on girls." Ms. Mary stopped them. "Sign this." She handed out a piece of paper.It was a just printed contract titled A Nondisclosure Agreement. "Becca just drafted this up. Just so our reputation stays afloat girls. Give this one to Lauren as well." She handed them the paper and had them sign it. "We will be sending you money soon. This didn't happen." She stared intensely into their eyes. They walked out of the office and through the lobby. "Ella, you don't understand. why would people think I would do it!" Alice rambled as they walked out the door.

"I know you didn't. I trust you. we can never speak of this again." Her voice was calm but her eyes were crazed. It was a traumatizing sight. They walked to their separate cars and went home. Nothing happened.

During the Annie show of 2021 at Gold Star Studios. Alice, Ella, Lauren, and ......., were called to an extra rehearsal on a Saturday. Just the orphans were called but they were all who showed up. Annie- Lauren, Tessie- Alice, Duffy- Ella, and Pepper- ...... they were all friends in the eyes of the directors and office people. they were all such a delight to have in rehearsal. They were payed 5000 for each person involved in the accident. and 10000 for the family of the victim.

Gold Star Studios, February 16 2021

The next rehearsal came up on Monday, the girls carpooled together. they entered the lobby and signed in. they looked around at the valentine decorations and the happy kids around all talking and having fun before rehearsal started. Ms. Mary and Becca the office secretary stood working in their office as normal. they felt as if they could cut the tension with a knife. they could see the blood on their hands and couldn't do a thing about it. They all looked at each other giving confiding looks. Alice and Ella were snuggled close together. Lauren hugged herself with her head hung low. it all felt wrong. the directors came out with shaken faces. "Alright, everyone in."  The director Dan said ushering the kids in. The choreography director sat up on the stage. "We are going to skip good news on a sad note today. Sarah?" The choreo director Sarah stood up.

"Yes, um, there had been an unfortunate accident and our dear friend..." As she was about to say the name she began coughing. "I'm sorry E-" She began coughing again and excused herself.

"Um, sorry our pepper has unfortunately passed away."  Dan continued.

"Oh my god- what happened?"The girl playing Rooster asked.

"It was-" Sarah walked back in.

"Sorry everyone. lets not linger on this. everyone hop up onstage for warm ups." 

Weird things happened. No one could ever say the victims name. Weird things happened around the theater. people blamed it on what was now considered the "theater ghost". New kids joined the theater program after Annie took place. everything went on as normal. Or as normal as it could be.