Auditions

Gold Star Studios, Friday February 23 2023

The lobby filled up with new and returning kids all congregating and talking with each other.  There were a bunch of new faces sprinkled in with some old faces people the office workers recognized and could say hi to. In the office the same workers ever since the location opened State checking their emails and printing out scripts behind the wall. It was all so normal except for that it was auditions. auditioning for the show that they just earned the rights to Newsies. It was so exciting all of the kids had a love for the show newsies on Broadway. All the girls wanted to be Katherine all the boys wanted to be Jack. The songs were being sung in the hallways people were warming up. The dancers were stretching and the singers were belting. the normal Lobby of an audition room. this was an open audition so all of the kids were ushered into the theater by directors Dan and Sarah. they all sat in seats ordered by their name in order of the sign up sheet. First up was a girl named Lauren. Her hair was a dyed Brown her eyes were bright blue. She wore a very beautiful white dress with heels she said she took from her mom's closet. her makeup was done beautifully with slight sprinkle of sparkles. Her lips painted a dark purple. She went up song her audition, whispers of how amazing she did echoed throughout the room. Everyone thought she was going to get Katherine they knew it by her amazing voice. 

Lauren always got the leads she was the one that had the amazing voice. Everyone loved her she was a fan favorite. The audience knew her name almost everyone in that audience was a family or friend of Lauren. Next up was a boy named Silas. He Wasn't the best singer or dancer in the whole world but he made it by. People supported him and were nice to him even if he wasn't nice back. He made inappropriate comments and rude remarks but it was a good community so nobody judged him for it they all took it as a joke. He went up and did his mediocre audition and everybody knew before the show was even announced to absolutely everybody that he was going to get Pulitzer. It was obvious. then a girl named Layla went up. She was a beautiful girl with black hair and brown eyes. She wore a floral black dress with character heels. She went up on stage and did her amazing audition and came down just like a normal person. A few other people went it was all like it always was people spaced out walk to the bathroom so they didn't have to hear the auditions. But then a girl named Navi walked up she had red hair and green eyes and wore a long purple dress. she went up and did her sleep but once she sang she belted the last note almost perfectly Dan was completely shocked. Everybody whispered of the new Katherine. Lauren got up from her seat and ran to the bathroom, Tears streaming down her face. up next was a girl named Stella. She had bright red hair and wore a long sleeve green floral dress. she did her wonderful audition and sat down the next was a girl named Alice she went up and auditioned for Jack unlike any other girl had done. the directors told them that no girl was to play Jack but she was determined. She sang the song and sat down. A few more people went it became boring once again people were talking through auditions. a girl named Sam went up and sang her audition and sat down she had beautiful blonde hair and wore a pink dress. a few more went and it was normal. Near the end a girl named Ella went up. she had beautiful brown hair and a lovely blue dress. she's saying wonderfully and went and sat down. 

everybody was sent out of the room for them to discuss the auditions. people began talking and congratulating each other telling each other how amazing they did. people were comforting Lauren and telling everybody just how amazing everybody was. Layla was talking to Stella about her tiktok account which was a Newsies fan page. she talked about her love for Ben Fankahuser and Jeremy Jordan and Ben Cook. she even said that she had a life-size Fankhauser cut out in her house. they laughed about it and the directors called everyone back in. they did cold reads in a version of callbacks and it all went well they were to get the cast list within the next few days. everybody awaited Monday the day they were to get their cast list even though everybody had it drafted out in their heads. as everybody was about to leave they heard a loud crash from inside the theater. a few kids ran to look and came back. a stage light had fallen and cracked the stage.

" sorry everyone Cast list is going to have to be delayed until we can fix the stage and have you all come back I'd say around Wednesday" director Dan said as he ushered everybody out of the theater. " Wednesday everybody it's not that much longer you'll be fine." he said is he I should everybody out of the building as well. all of the office people rushed in to see. meanwhile Navi was gathering people's phone numbers for a group chat. everybody gave their number and their name and the group chat was soon created. after she added everybody she realized there was a number that she didn't remember adding and couldn't name. she just Shrugged It Off and went to bed. 

NEWSIES GROUP CHAT

NAVI- Hey guys this is the GC!

ALLICE- HIII I'm 

SAM-Your who?

ALICE- I'm

NAVI- Thats 

SAM- That's who????

STELLA- Omg whatever

ELLA- I'm so excited for this cast list guys

NAVI- IKR!!!!