Caged

Chapter Name: A Golden Cage Is Still Just a Cage

Third-person pov:

A soft voice with a gentle knock on the beautiful golden door of the biggest and most luxurious room of the palace makes her stir in her sleep: "Princess Aishwarya, Princess Aishwarya, Uth jaiye. It's time to wake up"

A beautiful girl with golden curls falling on her back slowly rubbed her eyes sitting up straight. She smiled but her smile vanished when she realized that the window of her room was covered by the wall. She always wakes up with the same hope of the sunlight hitting her in the morning as she smiles at the beautiful birds singing on the balcony of the room.

She called out in her angelic voice with a sigh: "Miss Anjali, I'm up"

Miss Anjali smiled gently: "Happy birthday, Princess Aishwarya"

Aishwarya's smile faded as she realized it was her 7th birthday, 5 years since her family caged her in this palace. She took a shaky breath and wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek then said getting up from the bed: "Thank you, Miss Anjali"

Miss Anjali called out in a soft tone: "Okay, we are waiting for you downstairs. Your tutor will be here anytime soon"

Aishwarya walked to the washroom and yawned stretching her arms as she looked at herself in the mirror standing on the step stool. She screamed flinching away: "Oh God"

All the guards and servants rushed to her room knocking on the door. A tall man in his late thirties wearing a black suit and holding a sword with him asked in his usual cold tone: "Princess Aishwarya, are you alright? Is everything fine?"

Aishwarya walked towards the door and unlocked it making him and Miss Anjali rush inside. Miss Anjali held her arms and checked her from up and down with a frown asking: "Are you hurt? What happened?"

Aishwarya is about to say something but the cold voice makes her stop: "Princess Aishwarya?"

Aishwarya smiled widely saying: "Reyansh Chachu"

Reyansh raised one of his perfectly arched dark eyebrows at her and she giggled: "Aap humein aaj daat nhi skte. Aaj humara birthday hain and Aaj hum apko chachu bula skte hain"

(You can't scold me today because it's my birthday today and you are my uncle for today"

Reyansh's hard expression softened as he walked towards her and opened his arms for her. Shs smiled happily and wrapped her arm around his torso saying: "No session today?"

Reyansh nodded saying: "Aaj hum apko session se free kr rahe hain and kyunki aaj apka Janam din hain"

(We are not having any sessions today because it's your birthday"

Reyansh gently ran his fingers through her messy curls asking: "Why did you scream a few minutes ago?"

Aishwarya shrugged tightening her arms around her Chachu: "I saw myself in the mirror"

Miss Anjali chuckled saying: "You both talk, I'm going to check breakfast"

Aishwarya looked up at Reyansh who had a soft look on his face as he was already looking down at her. Aishwarya asked with a mischievous glint in her eyes: "My birthday present"