𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

in your mourning

𓇢𓆸 𓆤 𖧧 𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𖧧 𓍊𓋼 𔓘

𓇢𓆸 𓆤 𖧧 𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𖧧 𓍊𓋼 𔓘

𝔸𝕊 night fell, Vign diligently tackled the post-dinner chore of washing dishes. Amidst the clinking of plates and the flow of water, he sensed an unexpected presence in the room. Without diverting his gaze from the task at hand, Vign inquired, "Can I help you?" while drying the plates. The response came in a voice he recognized Imogen.

"Keep up with what you're doing," Imogen commanded, revealing her identity. Continuing with his duties, Vign listened as she spoke, "Till next Austery. For that's how long it will take you to pay off your debts for your passage here." Her eyes met Vign's briefly as she finished her drink, placing the empty glass on the table. A palpable discomfort permeated the air as Vign set down the dry plate. Imogen moved closer, her voice a whisper near his ear, "What if I told you there was a quicker way?" A shiver of discomfort and disgust ran down Vign's spine as her hand descended towards his belt, the other unbuttoning his vest. In that moment, thoughts of Melody flooded his mind, and he recoiled. With a firm resolve, he turned to Imogen and pushed her away. "Don't. I warn you," Vign asserted sternly, a clear warning in his tone.

In response, Imogen slapped him hard across the face. "Well, you see here. I am in charge, and there's nothing you can do, nor can your little Snow White," she asserted. Anger welled up in Vign as he retorted, "Fuck you!" Imogen retaliated by forcefully pushing him against the table and moving to undo his belt. "Shut your mouth. How dare you speak to me like that? Don't worry, I will teach you a lesson." Refusing to submit, Vign seized her wrists, pushing her forcefully against the sink, causing her to crash onto the floor. Swiftly, he made his escape, sprinting up the stairs and out the door, his footsteps echoing through the deserted streets after collecting his old things with him.

ଓ༉‧.⭒ֶָ֢⋆.

Melody sat in her chair, engrossed in a book about plants and their remedies. The soft glow of candles illuminated the room, and her black hair was pulled back into a low ponytail. As she read, a sudden urgency disrupted her focus-a knock at the door. Startled, Melody got up, slipped on a jacket, and made her way to the door. Upon opening it, she found Vign standing there, looking downcast. "I'm sorry. I just... I just wanted to see you," he murmured in a low tone.

"It's okay, come inside," Melody replied, reaching for his hand. She gently pulled him into the warmth of her home, locking the door behind them. Leading him to her room, she closed the door and turned to face him. Vign, without a word, enveloped her in a tight hug. "Vign?" Melody asked, concern in her gentle tone. Getting no response, she noticed he was trembling, his belt undone, and a few vest buttons undone. Connecting the dots, her eyes widened with understanding. She wrapped her arms around him, kissing his neck gently to provide comfort. "It's okay now. You're safe. You don't have to go back there," she reassured him in a soothing voice.