𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

in joy we'd cry

𓇢𓆸 𓆤 𖧧 𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𖧧 𓍊𓋼 𔓘

𓇢𓆸 𓆤 𖧧 𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𖧧 𓍊𓋼 𔓘

𝔸𝕊 they returned to Anoun, the sky sank into the deep embrace of night. Melody, Philo, and Darius approached the benches where the captain awaited their report. Philo meticulously arranged the belongings of the man who had undergone the unsettling transformation into a wolf creature.

"We found these up on the ridge," Philo stated, his voice carrying a mix of concern and urgency.

Darius, still under Melody's care, revealed, "I'd heard rumors going around among the men." As Melody cleaned his wounds and expertly wrapped them in a bandage, the captain listened attentively. Philo added, "It's hard to believe that the Pact were infecting their soldiers with the wolf's curse, turning them into monsters." He handed a round vial to the captain, who inspected it with a furrowed brow.

"But the Moon isn't full," the captain remarked, confusion evident in his voice. Philo then handed him an injection, explaining, "Some kind of catalyst. Induces the change." As the captain traced the pattern on the vial, he looked at Philo and asked, "Was anyone bitten?" Darius responded firmly, "No one who survived." Melody exchanged a quick glance with Darius before turning her attention back to the captain.

In a hushed voice, the captain spoke to Philo, "Is there nothing that the Pact won't stoop to take this land and its riches?" With a heavy sigh, the captain addressed the three, saying, "Very good, you're dismissed." They nodded and headed off to bed, seeking respite in the embrace of much-needed slumber.

With the arrival of morning, a gentle grace unfolded, casting its light upon the snowy landscape. The men, resilient against the chill, diligently dug into the frozen ground to embed a wire that would connect the telegraph. Meanwhile, the fae folk carried on with their daily routines, some observing the men's efforts, while others honed their skills by practicing knife throws at displaced targets.

Amidst the flurry of activity, Vign sought solace in his tent. The soft glow of a lantern illuminated the space, creating a cocoon of warmth. With the book in his hands, he delved into the enchanting words of the story, momentarily escaping into the realms of imagination. The world outside might have been bustling with tasks and training, but within the confines of his tent, Vign found a quiet sanctuary where the magic of storytelling unfolded, weaving its own unique tale amid the snowy expanse.

Melody perched on the edge of a cliff, her legs dangling as she enjoyed a meal of fish. Her gaze absorbed the breathtaking view of snow-covered mountains, cliffs, and dancing trees swaying to the whims of the wind. Amid the serene scene, the sound of wings caught her attention, and she turned to see Vign gracefully landing next to her. "Hello," Melody greeted with a warm smile, to which Vign responded, "Careful. It's a long way down." Melody glanced down, acknowledging the height, while Vign settled down beside her.