Chapter 12: Side Effects

A red sports car speeds down the road with the Rust Bucket chasing after it. Y/n is sitting in front with Max as Gwen and Jennie stood at the back.

Gwen: "There he is!"

Max: "You sure?"

A black and green motorcycle drove past them as Y/n smirked.

Y/n: "Yup."

The motorcycle chased after the sports car as it drove through traffic. Upgrade steered to the right as he takes the sidewalk.

Upgrade (Ben): "Lookout! One side! Coming through!"

Ben then noticed the sports started to gain speed as the lights turned red. Ben saw a ramp as he used it to launch himself in the air and once he landed, he slid down under an RV and continued to chase after the car.

Upgrade (Ben): "Hey!"

Robber: "Huh?"

Once he got close enough, Upgrade used his eye laser to blast the trunk of the car sending all the money in the air.

Upgrade (Ben): "Some people just can't hold on to their money."

Upgrade drove beside the car and formed a spike before putting a hole the car's wheel. The car started to spin uncontrollably until it crashed safely on parked cars. Upgrade drove towards the crash car as the robber saw that it had no driver.

Robber: "No way."

Upgrade runs off before the police could see him. He turned to a corner and spotted a parked ice cream truck.

Upgrade (Ben): "Well I just did nab a bad guy."

The Rust Bucket started to drive slowly trying to find where Ben could be. Until Y/n found the ice cream truck.

Y/n: "I think I know where he could be."

They stopped as Y/n jumped down and opened the back of the truck and saw Ben shivering from the cold with an ice cream in hand. Ben smiled and snizzed as he wiped the snot from his nose.

Y/n: "I was about to ask if you're okay but the looks of things, I guess not."

Y/n and Ben are now back inside the Rust Bucket as Ben was covered in blankets as he kept on snizzing with thermometer in his mouth.

Jennie: "It's official. Ben's got a cold."

Gwen: "Maybe from now on you'll think twice before having a snack time inside an ice cream truck."

Ben started to feel like sneezing as he grabbed a blue cloth from somewhere and sneezed on it.

Y/n: "Dude! Gross."

Gwen: "Hey! That's my new blouse!"

Ben: "Maybe from now on you'll think twice about leaving your new clothes just lying around."

We see Y/n rummaging some things inside a box as he saw some various medicines.

Y/n: "Cold tablets, decongestant, cough suppressant, hospital mask..."

Ben: "I don't need those."

Gwen: "They are not for you dweeb. They are for us. Once a big like that gets out, there's no stopping it."

Ben: "Why don't you just lock me up in a closet or something."

Jennie: "Can we even do that?"

Max: "All Ben needs is a dose of my famous "San Ju Yen Pien" cold remedy. Let's go! Chinatown's just down the block."

Y/n: "Just by the sound of that remedy, it tastes bad."

They arrived in Chinatown and saw a parade with everyone watching a dragon puppet dance. After buying what Max needed, they walked out of the drug store with a green jar.