2

His mother furrowed his straight brows, his face full of worry.
Eliam was used to the overly worried expression on his omega parents face, but it was a little annoying seeing it now, as he himself was wearing his military academy uniform.

"Contact me as soon as any difficulties arise. Understand?"
It was clear that for Andrew, Eliam was and will always be his younger son. A child unable to say what was on his mind, so as a parent he had to be clear about his words at all time.
It didn't matter how annoyed his son looked at him, or how uncomfortable it made him.

"Uncle, Eliam understands. He is not a child anymore"
A soft voice interrupted the son and mother, intercepting the tension between them.
Eliam turned to look at the delicate young woman.

It was his cousin, Miria. Growing up, many mistook Miria and his brother as twins, and when Eliam was old enough to hang out with them, they got confused as siblings.
Miria had inherited, just as Eliam and his older brother, the looks of their fathers. Blonde hair, pale skin that tanned easily, bright blue eyes, and an air of superficial coldness.
Since Eliam could remembered, Miria had been at his mothers side. Her mother was sickly widow that had to rely on her family members to survive, so Miria grew up more as his older sister than a cousin. She was a couple fo months older than his brother, so she as the rest of the family, also coddled and worried about Eliam too much for his confort.

"Hush, Miria. You know how impulsive he is..."
Eliams mother answered, his gaze still on his son, as he patted his sons shoulders. The air slightly moving his long dark brown hair.

They were outside the National Military school.
After the welcoming speech, the recruits were led to the gardens, where the families were waiting to say their goodbyes.
It will be half a year until they would get to see their young men again, so it was a very emotional moment.

They were in a little pavilion that oversaw a lake, far away from the rest of the crowd. So far away that no one noticed when Andrew and his niece arrived, or when they would leave.
It was for the sake of his cousin, who was an unmated omega, and his mother, a omega who was rarely seen in social circles.

"Be a good boy a behave, underhand? Don't make troubled and study hard"
Despite rarely leaving his father side, Eliam knew his mother would never miss seeing him off. And Mirian would escape unaccompanied if denied.

It was funny sometimes, that Eliam, a peak young alpha, was always being fret over by two of the most delicate omegas he knew.

"Yes mother"
Eliam had his right arm caught in between his mothers hands. He was taking his wrist band, a screen made of light projected at his side with all the details of Eliams mecha.
The young man was annoyed to the point of shutting down, and answered his mother in a monotone voice.
He exchanged glances with his cousin, and she smiled at his annoyed face.

"I am serious Emy..."
His mother tweaked some more, and Eliam felt a slight tingling that went all up his arm. The mecha was connected to his nervous system, and he felt the changes as it was part of his own body.

"Don't call me that"

"I'll call you whatever I want, rude young man!"
His mother was just making sure all the settings were correct, and as his mecha was in sleeping mode, no more sensations bothered the son.
Having finished, Eliams mother closed his wristband and patted the arm slightly. And then went straight for his cheeks.

Enduring a pinching of his cheeks, Eliam finally got his hand freed.
Still, his mother seemed unable to feel at ease.

In many ways, they mirrored each other.
Alpha children rarely looked like their omega parent, as the alpha gene overshadowed all the other recessive genes. Eliam not being the exception, it made it difficult for those that didn't know them to see similarities. But their personalities were quite alike, both were stubborn, mecha obsessed and very determined. And gave his father a hard time when set in their ways.
Eliam adored his mother, even when his overly anxious self annoyed him too.