7

Eliam distracted himself by organizing all his stuff.
The room was spacious, with a walk in closet and space for a small office. It was nothing compared to his room in his house tho, but it was already very luxurious for a military cadet.

Young master, a message from The General.

"Send it to mailbox"
Eliam had no interest in communicating with his father. The General was a man who did as he wanted and had little regard for the opinions of others.
Even growing at his shadow, Eliam had learned to engage only when it was beneficial. If his father messages first, it was rarely good news.

He wishes to talk to you.

"If it's an emergency, my mother will call"

Young master is getting rebellious. Since that day...

"Sundust, I'll turn you off"

...
Sorry, young master.

"Shut it then. And don't let my father bully you"
Eliam said as he finished folding all his things and filling his closet with his uniforms.

The academy had uniforms for everything, even their pijamas was branded with the logo. It was all in the white and black colors of the military, with the logo in green, to mark their cadet status.
For Eliam it was nothing, as he had expected to study in the academy since infancy and had grown up seeing his brother with the same uniform so he didn't care about it. He was even looking forward to the three years to go by, so he could properly earn his freedom and his own career, to stop depending so much on the whims of his General father.
As he was finishing with the last boxes, he noticed a shinny black box all the way at the farthest corner of the room.
It look more like a safe than a move in box, the metal so black it absorbed the light around the room.

It was his mecha, or at least its body.
Mechas type A were divided in three parts.
Sundust, right now on his wrist, was just the personality of his mecha that acted more as a personal assistant than anything else. It was the mecha at 10% of his power.

The suit, that connected directly to the heart of the mecha, was in this box. With this, Eliam will become a killing machine, with the full capacity of the mechas intelligence at his disposal. The key to activate it tho, was in possession of his mother.

Eliam would get it after graduation.

And the last was in a military base off orbit, the rest of the body that resembled more of a war ship than the body of a robot.
It was used more interstellar travel, and defensive/offensive in major scale.
Sundust was a mecha of less than ten years, so it had never been to battle. Still, a weapon was still a weapon even if was unused.

"Sundust, when did the suit arrive?"
Eliam was under the impression that the suit had to be kept at his house.
The academy was in the same planet, but in a more secluded area while he lived in the heart of the capital. About three hours away.

Your mother delivered it this morning.

Eliam furrow his eyebrows.
His mother had been the one always insisting on Eliam refraining his use of his mecha, worried about a thousand things. From his development to his social skills to his responsibility with such dangerous thing.
So him delivering it secretly, was worrying to say the least.

"Did he left any messages?"

No young master. Do you want me to contact him?

"No, it's okay"

He had his reasons, and Eliam was happy to have his suit back. He hadn't used it since his trial, so it had been a while. Having it near was also a comfort.