~|°~ life we always wanted ~°|~

It was a cold quiet night, and you were in the kitchen with our younger, baking for christmas. It was coming, only two more days. Can you believe it? We did it. We are finally experiencing the life we wanted, we wished for, we hoped for.
I came home from the shop. With hands full with bags and boxes, hat wet from snow and clothes cold from the outside breeze, I came to the kitchen to meet you two. It was the last day the shops were open, so I bought what we needed. I smiled at you two and took my hat off.

Ahg, so cold.

I put it on our younger, who immediately screeched because of how cold and wet it was. We all laughed, while I was taking off my jacket and hoodie. I took my scarf off too, and put it around your neck softly. I pulled onto it and connected our lips. Your warmth mixed with my coldness, We could feel our hearts beat in sync for a second.
After that I put the shopping where it belonged, and took a blueberry carton, last I could find. I walked upstairs, knocking on the door of our older. No sound came from the inside, so I just opened the door gently, peeking in. Our older just sat on the chair we gave them a week ago. They said it was their favourite. It was just a basic chair, we couldn’t understand why they were so happy about it, but we didn’t have to. They were happy about it, and that was enough.
I walked to them slyly and quietly put the blueberries on the table they chose with the chair. It was wooden, with blue stripes around it.
They noticed me and I smiled. I sat on the edge of the bed we thought was best for them. They sat next to me, hesitantly leaning themselves on my side. I put my arm around them, happy that they’re slowly learning to trust us.

“They are baking.
You do not want to come?
I may know what you are feeling,
but believe,
You are still a child, some.”

We came downstairs and we baked with you and our younger. It was a magical winter moment. We watched snow falling while the things were in the oven we chose for our kitchen. All of us sitting on the counter, our younger sitting on you, hugging you, slowly falling asleep in your warmth, our older sitting between us, happily smiling, and us embracing this family. We still had flour on our clothes and our faces were dirty from trying out the dough and chocolates, but it paid off. Do you see this? We did it. We are finally experiencing the life we wanted, we wished for, we hoped for.