Cyberpunks

As you entered the academy, it was clear that the news of Velvet's return had already spread. Students and faculty alike were gathered near the entrance, their expressions a mix of relief and concern. The headmaster, Professor Ozpin, stood at the center of the crowd, his gaze fixed on the vehicle. You roll down the window and wave him over to which he begins to make his way to you.

Ozpin: Is she safe?

You point your thumb behind you to the back seat to which Ozpin peaks in and sees Velvet safe and covered by your jacket. Ozpin gives a nod of understanding as he looks at you again then moves away from the window to look at the crowd.

Ozpin: May Miss Scarlatina's team and Miss Goodwitch please accompany me to the garage.

He asks causing a blond woman with a riding crop and three students to seperate from the crowd.

Ozpin: Everyone else please disperse.

Ozpin turns to you and gestures for you to follow. You start to slowly drive as the headmaster, his colleague and Velvet's teammates follow. After finally arriving at the garage. Ozpin closes it after you pull in.

You stepped out of the car and opened the back seat. Velvet stirs in her unconscious state. The blond teacher comes next to you.

Goodwitch: I will take it from here. Don't need you looking at her while she's indecent mercenary.

She said that last part with venom which causes a chill to run down your spine.

(Y/n): I'm not like that. Had to get her out of that place naked anyway so there's nothing I haven't already seen.

Goodwitch shoots a cold glare at you. This causes you to put your hands up defensively and turn around to face Ozpin and the three students.

???: Is she gonna be okay?!

A brown haired girl wearing a beret exclaims in worry for her faunas teammate.

Ozpin: I assure you, Miss Adel, we will do everything we can to ensure Velvet's recovery. She is in good hands now.

Ozpin's calm and reassuring tone seems to ease the worry of the brown-haired girl. The other two students, also exchange concerned glances.

???: Can't believe something like this happened to Velvet. We're so relieved she's back, though.

The tall student nods in agreement, his expression a mix of relief and concern.

???: Yeah, we've been worried sick. Thank you for bringing her back.

You simply nod and look at Ozpin who gives a nod of acknowledgement as he reaches for his scroll. You turn your attention back to Velvet who is now in a giant purple bubble. You guessed this was miss Goodwitch's semblance.

Ozpin: I appreciate your help, V. The Lien will be transferred to your account shortly.

You nod with a smile.

(Y/n): Preem. I've gotta delta now. My friends may have picked up some of the people that kidnapped Velvet in the first place so I better get over there and sort that mess out.

Ozpin nods understandingly. You get back in the car as you watch the garage door open then turn your attention to Velvet's team that follows Glynda and Velvet.

You hear a glitch behind you in the back seat and look to see Johnny with his hands behind his back.

Johnny: Getting sentimental (Y/n)?

You sigh with obvious annoyance in your sharp exhale and begin to back out of the garage.

(Y/n): Just hope she's okay. After what she's been through, I'd be surprised if she didn't have her head turning ninety, a hundred and eighty, and two hundred and seventy degrees everyday.