CHAPTER 1

It's an odd occurrence really. Did you know the average human falls in love around three times during their lifetime? Three!

And true love is rare and hard to find. The chances of finding your true love are 1 in 10,000, how crazy is that?

One in three people never find true love, which is sad. This is the case for many, this results in them potentially finding a partner who isn't to their standards or personality, which causes problems in the relationship. But they could still be happy; perhaps that's all that matters.

But, 65% to 70% of people walk away from true love and avoid it like the plague. Some look for it, and others run away from it. They all have their own reasons, of course, but why?

I guess there never really is an answer to some questions, is there?

So this is why it was truly unexpected when Muzan Kibutsuji, the king of demons, found himself head over heels for a mere mortal, a female human. A human! Humans are probably one of the things Kibutsuji hates most, and yet, he's found himself having feelings for her, rather than hate or spite, looking down on their species. 

How could he, a monster, villain, psychopath, void of any emotions have his heart stolen by a maiden? She has him wrapped around her finger, he loves and hates it so much all at the same time. This woman drives him mad, and she doesn't even realize it.

Who is this woman you may ask?

She is you. 

❤・・・・・・❤・・・・・・♡・・・・・・❤・・・・・・❤

You tap the end end of the pen on the desk, bored out of your mind. Resting your head on your hand as you were hunched over your desk, your butt began to become numb from sitting for so long. The ticking of an old clock on your wooden desk was driving you mad as well. You glanced over to the clock and saw it was just turning 1 am. "Great, I didn't even need a reminder of what time it is" 

It was late, and eyebags were currently the most prominent feature on your face. It wouldn't be long until you could start closing up the library. You groan. "I hate my boss... He knows damn well nobody ever checks in this late!" Having enough, you lose your temper and have a short outburst, standing up and slamming your hands on your table in the process.

Calming down, you focus on your breathing. Following the steps one of your sweet colleagues taught you, a lovely old lady. 

After settling down, you decide to organize some books before closing up. The large library was made of old wood that had an addicting smell to it, the same for the books. The shelf towered over you, reaching for the roof that was far above. The library was easily the tallest building in your town, which had a lot to say about where you lived.

Your humble village is known for its crossroads, where many travellers and merchants, as well as tourists, visit for the trade. So your town is fairly wealthy and well known. It's just- unfortunately, you got the short end of the stick and were born into a not-so-wealthy family. This meant your family, including you, had to work twice if not thrice as hard to get through life, but it was honest work.

Having always been quite distant from your family, you'd grown to be neutral in most things, especially in the way you lived. So it didn't bother you too much if something happened to your family.

As you got older your parents and family did too, they decided to move out to the country to farm, but you wanted to stay where more people were, to pursue some kind of happy future.