chapter 80

I was busy making breakfast when I remembered that I had to cancel the rest of out therapy. We didn't need it anymore. I wasn't gonna make him go. He knew the truth about me and I had other plans for us. The phone was going off in the other room and I thought that maybe shannon was gonna pick it up but he didn't. I dropped the spoon in the sink and ran up to answer it. I looked at the scnreen and I knew who it was. I wasn't prepared to talk to her yet. I hadn't planned out what I was gonna say.

I answered anyway and said" hello? ". Solstice " hey how have you been ? We haven't seen or heard from yiu in a very long time why didn't you tell us you were leaving? ". Me" you just now noticed that I was gone ? Oh by the way I lost the baby so ". I could hear the phone drop and then seconds later her husband picked it up. Him"this is Craig her husband didn't you just tell her that our child is dead ? How cold are you ? We helped you out and we expected the same from you ". I rolled my eyes and said " yea well things change right ?".

Shannon came over and took the phone away from me and gave me an angry look. Shannon " what she meant to say was she is sorry for your loss and that she will make every effort to be there for you guys and not be a bitch ". I put my hands on my hips and just glared at him. Oh ok so I tell you I'm just like you and now your gonna be mr nice guy ?. I didn't wanna hear another word I was about to walk away when he grabbed me tight in his hand and put them on speakers.

Shannon " apologize NOW! ". I tried to pull away but he was very serious . Me" I'm sorry I guess ". Shannon " be more sincere please !". I exahled hastly and said " I'm sorry for your loss and I will be here for you guys in your time of mourning. Happy now? ".

Shannon said goodbye and then really let me have it. Shannon " you know how fuckin ugly you sounded to them and me ?". Me" why do you care all of a sudden your the one that killed the baby anyways ". Shannon was hurt deep by my cold words. But instead of saying something then and there he shut down and walked off.

Minutes after he left I came uo to our room and he was in the bed facing the window. Me" listen I'm sorry , I've done some thinking and I guess I was being a royal bitch to them and you . I think we should go finish up the sessions, don't you?". It took a minute for him to answer me. I cut his heart to the core. Underneath that hard shell lied a soft hearted man. I had that finally and I was turning into what he used to be. It was all a lie though. I wasn't this evil woman i just wanted him to believe that. It was also my way of grieving for the loss of a child that wasn't mine. I felt so bad for the couple I felt awful that I couldn't tell them the real reason why we lost it. I was protecting shannon. I already knew to that h had killed my friend I wasn't dumb I knew. I just buried it along with all my other pain. To many times I let everyone run my life, my heart so hell why not give in and let him. We needed help both of us. I needed to hear him say that he killed my friend. For closure.

I crawled beside him on the bed and kissed his neck and said " we need to get ready to go to therapy, if you still wanna go with me ". He rolled over and said " give me 10 and I will be ready ok ?". I kissed his red nose and smiled " we got alot to talk about bear , its time for closure ". Shannon " I agree , I love you I'm sorry too ".

We both got up and dressed and dropped off kiddo at grandma house. He held out his hand as he drove ,I grabbed it. We weren't ready to give up on each ,not by a long shot