O1.

Longan could feel the soft air crashing into their skin, the ruins were empty and silent enough to allow them to hear how the air moves and crashes in-between, it was a peaceful night.

"Papa...?" Until it wasn't.

Their gaze slowly lowered to the faint voice by their side, realizing it was their daughter. They quickly dismissed it-

Wait, what?

Longan quickly turned to the little child, surprised and quite nervous to see her wandering over these abandoned ruins.

"Why are you here? Where are the guards?" Longan asked, their voice sounded as cold as ice, and their gaze was stern enough to make the little dragon shiver with a bit of fear.

"I m-missed papa..." She said, lowering her gaze and playing nervously with her tail,

Longan only arched a brow once hearing their daughter's words.

"Do not stutter nor avert your gaze when speaking to me, child." Longan could see how the child's eyes were watering slightly, they frowned at the sight.

"... Yes papa."

"Child."

"Father- I meant father." She corrected, her lips trembling and her tears finally escaping her eyes, streaming down her cheeks.

Longan's eye only twitched slightly at the sight, his gaze hardening, the little dragon saw it and felt worse, lowering her gaze.

"Don't even."

Those words were enough for the child to lift her gaze once again, her lips trembling with fear, her arms tightening around her tail.

"You shouldn't have left the palace, I expected better from you." Longan scolded, frowning. "Stop hugging that tail of yours, you look pathetic."

Soft whimpers and sobs could be heard from the little dragon who had to let go of her tail, her tears streaming down and her gaze once again lowered in fear and embarrassment, she only wanted to see her father and yet it seems Longan was not very fond to see her.

"Stop crying." the coldness of Longan's voice was still there, making the five year old cry even more.

Longan could feel their eye twitching once again at such sight, their daughter crying over simple words, they didn't understand just why she was so sensitive and weak. Their gaze slowly averted towards the horn of their daughter, her broken horn, making Longan's heart sank slightly.

They didn't enjoy looking at her, looking at her broken horn, it was only a reminder of how such a terrible father they were, a reminder of how they failed to protect her when she needed them most.

A soft sigh escaped from the dragon's lips, giving up and crouching to their daughter's height, gently passing their arms around her and lifting her up, carrying carefully the child in their arms.

"Do not cry when I am near you, little one. as nothing shall happen to you in my presence." Longan said, their tone being cold as always yet having a soothing tone underneath. "Not ever again..." they whispered to themselves, a painful reminder.

"Promise...?"

Longan was struck by remorse upon hearing the fragility in their daughter's voice, fully aware that their actions had contributed significantly to her current distress. They did not enjoy such feeling, extending kindness felt like a challenge, harder than it looked like.

"... I promise." They finally answered after a brief silence, gently cradling her in their arms, humming a lullaby until she found solace in sleep.

That was a peaceful night for Longan.

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

I don't know if I like this.