Friendly Meeting

Y/N Perspective

The road would continue for about 14 minutes, and then we'd turn right onto Baylor Hill Street.

Baylor Hill was a pretty residential but quite small, only having about 6 houses on each side. At least that gives us fewer mailboxes to check, huh?

Ashley and I would hop out of the car, before looking around to make sure no one was watching, and then going up to the first house.

"Hmmm....Mrs. Evens, not your parents."

"Maybe she got remarried after realizing my dad was just giving them 'weird fucks' as he always said

"Maybe she got remarried after realizing my dad was just giving them 'weird fucks' as he always said."

Not the funniest thing to say right now, seeing as our only hope is that she didn't remarry. 

"Yeah, h-hopefully not though..."

We'd keep going down the road, checking the mailboxes as we went. The smell of freshly cut grass filled my nose as we got to the last one, and some birds chirped around me. It's kind of nice to finally be hearing something other than the hum of the apartment air conditioning. Speaking of which, whew, it is hot out here...

"And this one is...Graves, nice. We found your parent's house, and of course, it had to be at the end." 

I'd sigh, tired of the fear of getting caught.

"Let's try to find a way inside, alright?"

Ashley would nod at me, before walking around the side of the house, and I walked around the other. As we got to the back, I saw an open window on the first floor...how lucky. 

"Alright, you go in, and I'll be out here waiting for you to unlock the back door."

"Let's just hope neither of my parents are home, seeing as I don't know if they are or aren't

"Let's just hope neither of my parents are home, seeing as I don't know if they are or aren't."

Wait...she doesn't?

"Ashley, wait!"
Nobody responds...she must've already gone further inside...dammit. God, I hope neither of them is home, or else I will have a lot of explaining to do...

Lucky for me, neither of them are. The back door clicks unlocked, but as I try to open it, it doesn't budge.

"Nuh-uh! Don't you know that it's polite to knock!"

Oh great, now she's messing me with me. Fine, I might as well amuse her, seeing as we've got all the time in the world...I'd knock on the door a couple of times.

"What's the magic word?"

"Can you let me in please, Ashley?" I'd grumble, not really too keen on joking around with her right now, especially at a time like this. 

"Fine, since you ask soooo nicely!"

The door finally pops open, and I walk inside. 

Inside the house, it's actually...pretty neat and fancy. There are some paintings on the wall, a fancy couch, and a... flat-screen TV! Damn, these people are loaded! I wonder how they got all the money for this house...

As Ashley and I would walk around a bit, the floor would creak under our steps. We'd walk into the bedroom, and see an open jewelry box, filled with necklaces, rings, and other assorted fancy-wear. 

"Holy crap, your parents are fuckin' loaded! Were they always this rich?"

Ashley looks at me weirdly, and back at the jewelry.

"I mean, we were never poor by any means, but there's sure as shit no way they had the money for all this when we were around

"I mean, we were never poor by any means, but there's sure as shit no way they had the money for all this when we were around..."

As I was about to raid the jewelry box for everything it had, I'd hear the jingling of keys, followed by a click from the front door.

Shit.

"Ashley, go fuckin entertain your parents, while I get the hell out of here!" I'd whisper, quite loudly, about to bolt for the window.

"I'm not doing this shit alone!" She'd grab my arm, and lead us both out of the room...ohhhh boy, Mrs. Graves is NOT going to be happy to see me...