Incursion

"You know, while it's great and all that we have a car to travel in, don't you think it'd be better if we travelled on foot to the border? I mean, its not like the police can't just read the plates or something and see our records

"You know, while it's great and all that we have a car to travel in, don't you think it'd be better if we travelled on foot to the border? I mean, its not like the police can't just read the plates or something and see our records."

"That's uh...that's a good point. But, we're just gonna have to take the risk and drive carefully, hope that no cop runs our plates. The borders almost what, 100 miles away? I'm not too keen on even walking half of that."

Ashley would climb into the backseat, while Andrew would sit up front with me to assist me with navigation, using a large map.

"Alright, er, turn onto Grand St. here.."

We'd drive along the interstate for a while, getting closer and closer to the border. We'd take a couple rest stops along the way, during which Andrew was extremely nervous, but other than that it had been extremely smooth sailing. At least, that's what I thought.

I'd pull the car into the gas station for the second time, mostly to stretch our legs but also just to have a comfortable amount of gas for the rest of the trip. Andrew stayed inside the car with the windows rolled down, while Ashley and I got out to go pay for the gas. 

"I'm hungrrryyy

"I'm hungrrryyy....can we get something to eat?"

"Sure, I think we've got plenty for some snacks."

I'd open up my wallet and peer inside, 4 20s and a couple 5s looked back at me. Should be more than enough.

While I went to the cashier, Ashley would dance across the aisles, looking for her favorite snacks.

"60$ on pump 4, please."

I'd place the cash on the counter, and the cashiers hand would extend to retrieve it. He'd place it in the register, and stare at me. Jeez, somebody doesn't have the energy to work today.

"Anything else?"

"Er...nah, just waiting on my friend to bring back whatever we're gonna buy."

I'd stand to the side, and silence would ensue as the cashier and I stared at each other. Not much to talk about...